Post-Game Talk: #PAVELECTRICITY: Jets Win 3-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
What we are seeing from Brighteyes right now is what I thought he would be. He wasn't getting the goals early in the year but he was doing everything right. I believe he was focusing more on the defensive side of the game (because that's really important in today's NHL) and didn't have that goal scorers confidence where I post becomes a goal; where a shot in tight goes off the heel instead of the sweet spot; where it's just a fraction of a second late or early on a chance, but I knew he'd get there.

He just did everything too right to not be successful as a point producer. He just makes so many right plays to keep the puck going that it has to inevitably "happen" for him.

I have said this before and I'll keep saying it: Brighteyes is on the same trajectory as Ryan Johansson.
Yep, Scheifele is going to be a Kopitar/Towes type player.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Sorry. I'm in a room with loud-talking people. Whatever the wording, what I'm interested in is whether or not Chevy and Pavs' IHL experience together is component of Chevy's "loyalty" to Pavelec.

Surely Chevy is a little more nuanced in his thinking than this.

Or maybe not.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Did anyone notice Ovetchkin on the first two Jets goals?

Gliding back to the bench on goal #1 and standing still on goal #2.

3qpacz.jpg

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Kane hasn't even played a game yet for Buffalo. Buffalo obviously didn't make the trade for this season. When all is said and done, I bet the trade comes out as pretty even.

Depends if Stafford signs here, how the pick turns out, if Lemieux can be an NHL'er, whether Armia can make it to the NHL, 3 pts in 10 games for the IceCaps isn't tearing it up.

bazaaa*

sportsclubstats.com % chance for playoffs, based on number of pts in remaining games:

5-3-2 for an almost locked chance at a spot at 98pts. Even 97 and 96 give us a very good chance, and 96 only requires that we go 5-5-0.

Go Jets!

That's crazy, mid 80s% if we finish .500.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
...quick thoughts...

Pavs with another really strong effort. He was really tracking the puck well and didn't give up many rebounds. Clutch performance.

The Scheifele line was fantastic again. Scheifele continues to impress. Stafford is a genius along the walls, and dominant below the dots in the offensive zone.

Enstrom with a terrific game. He was solid all night. Myers was also very good, though I think he's played better. He had a few miscues.

Trouba with another really strong defensive effort. Stuart tries hard. Nice to see him pot one.

Pardy and Harrison had some "adventurous" shifts again tonight. I still can't figure out why Maurice likes to play them with the 3rd and 4th lines, especially right after they score.

I thought Stempniak and Tlusty again tonight. Quietly effective. Slater had some pretty bad shifts. He lost some key face-offs in his own zone tonight. I would much prefer O'Dell on the 3rd line.

Thorburn had some bad shifts. I thought he got caught out of position and on the ice too long a few times tonight.

Great team win. Really impressive.

jetkarma*

Time to warm up the tank ...

Playoff tank ...

I think I hear some rumbling ...

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Very concerned at certain points of the game, but overall another solid effort. Pavs playing out of his mind.

Let the Saturday night shenanigans begin.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Stafford & Myers for Kane & Bogo trade has really worked out well for us. :nod:

And we still have prospects & a 1st round pick. :naughty:

I don't miss Kane one bit. :p:

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
The Stafford & Myers for Kane & Bogo trade has really worked out well for us. :nod:

And we still have prospects & a 1st round pick. :naughty:

I don't miss Kane one bit. :p:

Traded away two problems, for huge assets. A franchise changing trade that will benefit the Jets for over a decade, in so many ways. Chevy is simply a genius with that trade. Need to re-sign Stafford though.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WpgJetsPR: The #NHLJets will not practice tomorrow (Sunday, Mar. 22) The team is next on the ice in Edmonton on Monday for pre-game skate.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Kane hasn't even played a game yet for Buffalo. Buffalo obviously didn't make the trade for this season. When all is said and done, I bet the trade comes out as pretty even.

In his entire career, Kane hasn't shown that he can be even close to what Myers currently is, day in, day out.

He would need to be significantly better than he has ever shown he can be for this to be even debatable.

In fact, I can see Bogo providing a better argument than a 50-60 point, low IQ Kane.

jetkarma*

@WpgJetsPR: The #NHLJets will not practice tomorrow (Sunday, Mar. 22) The team is next on the ice in Edmonton on Monday for pre-game skate.

Predictable decision and prudent .

What a team effort again , this team has such a fantastic attitude.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I would have been happy with 4 of a possible 6 points so I'm absolutely thrilled with this homestand. 5 more wins should be enough to get in but let's win all 10 just to be safe.

Pavs with another great game in net. Who would have thought he would play this many consecutive games two weeks ago? Scheifele line played great again. He has really stepped up with Little out of the lineup.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
In his entire career, Kane hasn't shown that he can be even close to what Myers currently is, day in, day out.

Never mind Myers, he's not even showing half the chops that Stafford has shown us since coming here.

If we re-sign Stafford, we get 90%+ of that trade back in objective value, to say nothing of the first and two quality prospects.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

He would need to be significantly better than he has ever shown he can be for this to be close.

If Kane scores 30-35 goals then it's an even trade. Kane has scored 30 before, nothing to say he won't repeat that

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I would have been happy with 4 of a possible 6 points so I'm absolutely thrilled with this homestand. 5 more wins should be enough to get in but let's win all 10 just to be safe.

Pavs with another great game in net. Who would have thought he would play this many consecutive games two weeks ago? Scheifele line played great again. He has really stepped up with Little out of the lineup.

I like the way this guy thinks.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I am really looking forward to seeing Stempniak and Tlusty with Lowry. Slater just isn't talented enough at this point to be effective with those two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad