Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
There is no way Reinbacher would get 1PP minutes over Demidov in my books. This guy is wayyy too electric with the puck on his stick
Hutson would benefit from a stabilizer. I would not run a 5 fw pp (considering Hutson almost as a fw). Rein is safe, has reach, reads the play well, makes solid pass, is working on his shot and will keep possession with his physical presence and great anticipation. Ghule would be good there but on his wrong side...

Soon we may have Slaf, Demidov, Laine, Hutson, Reinbacher as PP1 but for the season after this one, i'd be surprised we see Demidov as a regular on pp1 (though i want to see him on pp that's for sure, pp2 to start then pp1 after at least a full season. He has so much to learn yet.)

Eh, anyway, nobody knows so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm eager for season start like ever...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is Laine top 5 in pure shooting all time? I honestly think he might be. Watched all his highlights when we got him and I think like 95% of his goals are pure snipes. Never seen a ratio so heavy.

His shot is incredibly accurate. Dach is a real playmaker. Dach should be able to get him the puck. It will be really interesting to see how they do together, and who will be the 3rd wheel.

Though maybe at some point we see:

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Roy/Dvo

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
His shot is incredibly accurate. Dach is a real playmaker. Dach should be able to get him the puck. It will be really interesting to see how they do together, and who will be the 3rd wheel.

Though maybe at some point we see:

Laine - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Roy/Dvo

I wouldn't mind trying Laine -Dach - Armia.

Puck possession monster line......and the perfect antidote to the years of Smurfville we've endured.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Is Laine top 5 in pure shooting all time? I honestly think he might be. Watched all his highlights when we got him and I think like 95% of his goals are pure snipes. Never seen a ratio so heavy.
Let’s settle down a bit lol. He might have an argument of Top 5 shot in his era, but definitely not all time. Off the top of my head, Ovechkin, Matthews, Pastrnak and possibly Stamkos are ahead of him just in this era.

Reactions: rahad and Andy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Puck possession monster line......and the perfect antidote to the years of Smurfville we've endured.
The Scouting Reports I've read all mentioned Laine benefits most from a puck retrieval winger who can make plays.
Armia isn't that guy he's a puck gobbler and plays a keep-away game more suited for a third line.
Slaf would be the ideal bookend this season but is it likely to happen?
I think we have to look at both ends of the rink when discussing the top six.
What line makeups offer the best of both worlds.
We can't continue being +/- black holes if we are to find success in the near future.

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
This is what kills me about our fan base.
They are so used to the same ole shit they want the same ole shit.
Both our PP and our PK are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Oh but I love Evans Oh but I love Matheson Oh but I love Caufield.

FME.
Fix it where it is broken but try to find three guys agreeing where that actually is.
We have fixed it by getting rid of Burrows lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We have fixed it by getting rid of Burrows lol
It was pointed out earlier Marty took the reins on the PP midway through the 22/23 season.
He actually said publicly that they hadn't worked on it but they were going to start.
Our problem has always been personnel and the more talent we inject the better we should be.
Slaf changed everything last season. A lot of stuff just started working once he joined.
What needs to happen now is a deep dive into what worked and what didn't and then adjust off of that.

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Armia in top 6 won’t be popular, but he’s a big body with soft hands. He can play up in the lineup. Also …
- he’d be a placeholder for Demidov, allowing Roy and Newhook to develop chemistry as 3rd line wingers.
- a fellow Finn as linemate for Laine. Good support coming out of the program.
- could boost his TDL value

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Armia in top 6 won’t be popular, but he’s a big body with soft hands. He can play up in the lineup. Also …
- he’d be a placeholder for Demidov, allowing Roy and Newhook to develop chemistry as 3rd line wingers.
Just don't expect too many primary assists.
He does have some redeeming qualities and if he can be the defensive consciousness on that line so be it.
However I did notice how Laine likes to exploit the top of the circle and it would be ideal to have two guys who could find him there.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I’m absolutely down for a look at a Laine - Dach - Armia line. Would be a line with actual identity and Laine needs guys who can carry and fetch pucks, makes a lot of sense on paper (and I love Armia’s game when confident his hands are crazy good).

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Just don't expect too many primary assists.
He does have some redeeming qualities and if he can be the defensive consciousness on that line so be it.
However I did notice how Laine likes to exploit the top of the circle and it would be ideal to have two guys who could find him there.
I wonder how much of that has been Armia’s quality of line mates?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Indeed, according to the owner of the site DansLesCoulisses, the Philadelphia Flyers and the Columbus Blue Jackets had reached an agreement that would have seen Patrik Laine leave Ohio to join Pennsylvania.
The player involved in that failed trade was 32-year-old veteran Ryan Johansen, who reportedly made the return trip to Columbus. Unfortunately for the Flyers, Laine exercised his no-trade clause, ending the negotiations.​

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Indeed, according to the owner of the site DansLesCoulisses, the Philadelphia Flyers and the Columbus Blue Jackets had reached an agreement that would have seen Patrik Laine leave Ohio to join Pennsylvania.
The player involved in that failed trade was 32-year-old veteran Ryan Johansen, who reportedly made the return trip to Columbus. Unfortunately for the Flyers, Laine exercised his no-trade clause, ending the negotiations.​
Players seems to don’t want play for John Tortorella. I can understand them, he is old school and young players don’t want to be in that kind of atmosphere.

Reactions: cphabs and Redux91

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
lol what is with the Habs and having captains with limited personalities

Nick - boring
Max - boring
Gionta - boring
Saku - boring
It's partly the Habs organization being run by dinosaurs who emphasize a different kind of leadership and partly just how it's always been. How many 'rowdy' captain are there in the NHL? How many interesting personalities are there?

It could be just conjecture but it would've been a good trade for the Flyers, I'm glad it didn't happen.

Players seems to don’t want play for John Tortorella. I can understand them, he is old school and young players don’t want to be in that kind of atmosphere.
And Laine of all players... not sure if he would go "back to his best" there

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's partly the Habs organization being run by dinosaurs who emphasize a different kind of leadership and partly just how it's always been. How many 'rowdy' captain are there in the NHL? How many interesting personalities are there?
It’s needed in this market I guess. I just find it funny. There hasn’t been an interesting Habs captain since Chelios briefly

Reactions: Habs10Habs

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
No dynamism, shot clearly affected by the surgery. No chemistry with the other players
#kidding
1725378260091.png

T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad