Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Not on a team with Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Laine, Demidov and Dach. He’s really the 7th best forward at best.
Not this year but it will be tried. In a roamer role, he'd be better suited than CC... could be on the 2nd pp with 4 fw. 1st pp likely be Slaf/Suz/Laine/Hutson/Rein but i can see 2nd pp being Demidov/Dach/CC/Roy/Matheson or..

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Sounds like a recipe for mediocrity.

Is there a top 10 PP in the NHL that “spreads it out”?

TB, Rangers, Oilers, Leafs, Carolina, Vancouver, Col, Fla …. None of them do this.

Fine, they better not leave Dach out of the 1st unit if thats how they go :mad:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
458208547_896369879190013_417354212326930189_n.jpg

there he is!
I swear I saw Refs at the Spengler Cup wearing those pants. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
pp was 24th in the league. CC’s 9 goals ranked 34th. We’re really used to mediocrity aren’t we. Scratch that, mediocrity would be a pp ranked around 16 semantically.
This is what kills me about our fan base.
They are so used to the same ole shit they want the same ole shit.
Both our PP and our PK are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Oh but I love Evans Oh but I love Matheson Oh but I love Caufield.

FME.
Fix it where it is broken but try to find three guys agreeing where that actually is.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Not this year but it will be tried. In a roamer role, he'd be better suited than CC... could be on the 2nd pp with 4 fw. 1st pp likely be Slaf/Suz/Laine/Hutson/Rein but i can see 2nd pp being Demidov/Dach/CC/Roy/Matheson or..
There is no way Reinbacher would get 1PP minutes over Demidov in my books. This guy is wayyy too electric with the puck on his stick

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think our future PP looks something like...

#1 - Suzuki - Hutson - Laine - Slaf - Caufield

#2 - Demidov - Mailloux - Dach - Roy - Newhook

Demidov will eventually bump Caufield or Laine.

What a problem to have though.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Unfortunatly, You can only have 5 players on a powerplay....unless you remove the goalie.

How can you remove your best playmaker when you send your 2 best sniper on the first unit ?

I guess the first unit would like something like this if you think Dach deserve to be on the second unit

Caufield Slaf Suzuki Laine Matheson

Newhook Dach Roy/Gallagher Guhle/Barron/Hutson

Poor Dach, i hope they at least switch Laine and Newhook, Laine would put more puck in the net with a Dach, thats for sure

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I actually think Dach’s a better passer than Suzuki is. I like Suzuki better because he’s got a killer shot. I don’t think it hurts either CC or Laine to be with either of these players.

I would absolutely keep CC on the first unit PP to start the season though. Makes no sense to remove him. If his shoulder is still wonky and Laine’s is better, then sure flip them. But I think CC’s a better bet to have a good season this year.
Laine had shoulder surgery last season, broke his clavicle. So he might need some adjustment time.

Reactions: cphabs and Justin11

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Not on a team with Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Laine, Demidov and Dach. He’s really the 7th best forward at best.

If Dach and Laine are both healthy players, that top 6 is set for many years to come.

Imagine Hage a top 6 potential, but with that top 6, he will likely to play on the 3rd line. Newhook - Hage - Roy. That's potential to be a very very solid 3rd line.

The key, Dach and Laine are healthy and the Habs offense will be very fun to watch for long time!!

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Laine can also play the point on the PP with his rail gun shot of his.

He has the best cannon on the team (sorry Cole)
I'd love to see that. He reminds a bit of Kovalchuk. Paired with a creative person on the other point like Hutson. He can one-time it or easily move around a defender and make a play. He was used that way in Winnipeg.

Jul 6, 2016

Doubtful.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Alot can happen by the time demidov comes over.

I'll focus in the shorter term. The opening night powerplay one barring injuries IMO will be:

Point: Matheson
Right half boards: Suzuki
Left half boards: laine/caufield
Bumper: laine/caufield
Down low: slafkovsy

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Alot can happen by the time demidov comes over.

I'll focus in the shorter term. The opening night powerplay one barring injuries IMO will be:

Point: Matheson
Right half boards: Suzuki
Left half boards: laine/caufield
Bumper: laine/caufield
Down low: slafkovsy
This is the one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad