Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Count me in the spread the power play out train

Matheson Suzuki Caufield Slaf Newhook

Hutson Guhle/Barron Dach Laine Roy/Gallagher

With even p.p time, there would be no 1st or 2nd unit

5v5 Laine with Dach and Newhook

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I agree with a lot of this. I was happy for PoMo winning and finally having a captain worth his worship. It was misplaced in WPG

Healthy Laine, team leaning into his strengths, he can go far above 100 pts. It finally needs done. Play him on LW, PP1 on the right, you'll have a top 5 player
Yeah. Tools are there but how the tool box opens and closes is a little bit question mark. Not wanting to go too deep here, but if Patrik is on a bipolar spectrum, many many things would be easy to explain. I hope him and Habs only good. Hopefully good cohesion will emerge and Patrik finally finds his place to be. No doubt he is also matured a lot during years, and not being blind to his mental switches can help enormously in dampening their ill-effects.

Patrik in Flow is easily 100+ pts all around offensive player.

And yes, Barkov is perfect fit with Maurice. I agree.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah. Tools are there but how the tool box opens and closes is a little bit question mark. Not wanting to go too deep here, but if Patrik is on a bipolar spectrum, many many things would be easy to explain. I hope him and Habs only good. Hopefully good cohesion will emerge and Patrik finally finds his place to be. No doubt he is also matured a lot during years, and not being blind to his mental switches can help enormously in dampening their ill-effects.

Patrik in Flow is easily 100+ pts all around offensive player.

And yes, Barkov is perfect fit with Maurice. I agree.

Interesting. I have no idea of course and we really shouldn't speculate, especially when his dad passed away and he's been struggling with injuries and so on.

There's a boxer however called Tyson Fury who's bipolar and he keeps fluctuating between being heavily out of shape looking mediocre against average boxers to losing a ton of weight out of nowhere and dominating against top contenders. It can be frustrating to witness as fan but when he's at his best he's amazing.

Apr 28, 2010
458208547_896369879190013_417354212326930189_n.jpg

there he is!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Count me in the spread the power play out train

Matheson Suzuki Caufield Slaf Newhook

Hutson Guhle/Barron Dach Laine Roy/Gallagher

With even p.p time, there would be no 1st or 2nd unit

5v5 Laine with Dach and Newhook
Sounds like a recipe for mediocrity.

Is there a top 10 PP in the NHL that “spreads it out”?

TB, Rangers, Oilers, Leafs, Carolina, Vancouver, Col, Fla …. None of them do this.

Apr 28, 2010
Unless Dach/Laine have instant chemistry in the preseason, I'd have Laine with Suzuki to start the season. He's our most paid player now he needs to play with a top line center. Slaf or Caufield can play with Dach and Newhook.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Slaf on Laine: ''I’m excited about the season, especially with the Patrik Laine trade! I just landed in Prague and it popped up on my phone and I was so happy! In 2016, I was probably 13 or 14 at that time, waiting to see whether he or Matthews would go first in the NHL Draft... I was a fan of him back in the day!”

💙♥️🤍

I was at an U11 camp for elite kids last week & a little guy wearing a Habs cap told me he can’t wait to see Laine score 70 just so he can watch the Leafs have a melt down, lmao. I suspect his Dad was a fan.
Cheers.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Sounds like a recipe for mediocrity.

Is there a top 10 PP in the NHL that “spreads it out”?

TB, Rangers, Oilers, Leafs, Carolina, Vancouver, Col, Fla …. None of them do this.
DAL, CAR and DET are two teams in top 10 that seems to have had a split (I checked some of their forwards PP% on Frozen tools)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad