OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Wright got chewed up and spat out by a considerably better player in Hunter. Not great, but his 0 pressures from week 1 gives me hope that it won't be a consistent issue.

Can someone, anyone, tell me how Nate Davis, WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF TAPPING THE CENTER TO TELL HIM WHEN TO SNAP, managed to get two false starts against the Texans?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Wright got chewed up and spat out by a considerably better player in Hunter. Not great, but his 0 pressures from week 1 gives me hope that it won't be a consistent issue.

Can someone, anyone, tell me how Nate Davis, WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF TAPPING THE CENTER TO TELL HIM WHEN TO SNAP, managed to get two false starts against the Texans?
Communication between the line and Qb looked extremely poor all game long. In terms of slide protection and at times the snap count.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

For the people who don't have the Athletic, the answer to what's going wrong in the run game is basically "yes." Swift isn't running the ball on the right side of blockers, the blockers are being beat at LOS leading to hits before negative yards before contact (though I think some of that might be the attempts at wide outside zone that keep being blown up for -5 yards), and it doesn't seem like the run play calls are working either.

The only thing that seems to work somewhat well right now is running the ball straight downhill. We'll see if they do more of that the next few weeks, and go for a few more bootlegs, or if they hope the run blocking improves.

What can't happen is what happened in the second half last game, where every other third down is long yardage because of a penalty and a non-gain run play.

Again, they're going up against some (so far) garbage teams against the run, so if the run game doesn't improve in the next few games, I'm not really sure what they do.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
The writer really should replace "pieced together" with "threw together" instead.
That starts with an offensive line that general manager Ryan Poles pieced together over three years and hasn’t been able to protect his most important investment. Williams has been sacked a league-high nine times and been pressured on 25.9% of his drop backs, which is 10th-worst.
And of course
General manager Ryan Poles said during training camp the Bears had the deepest offensive line of his tenure. It doesn’t feel that way anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9425.jpeg

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
After watching some tape, I think I would prefer Williams's read to be on Odunze over Moore when it comes to a deeper route that requires you to beat your man. Read Moore as the #1 when it's just about getting the ball in your playmaker's hands. Moore has not been beating his man consistently enough. Odunze hasn't really done so either, but he has absolutely cooked his man a few times when he was on the opposite side of the field from the first read.

Of course, in terms of cornerbacks Moore will be going up against this season, Sneed and Stingley are up there with the best of them. Depending on how Gonzalez and Witherspoon do in their second season, Sneed and Stingley might be the best #1 corners the Bears play this year.

Best case, Allen is back on the field this Sunday.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
After watching some tape, I think I would prefer Williams's read to be on Odunze over Moore when it comes to a deeper route that requires you to beat your man. Read Moore as the #1 when it's just about getting the ball in your playmaker's hands. Moore has not been beating his man consistently enough. Odunze hasn't really done so either, but he has absolutely cooked his man a few times when he was on the opposite side of the field from the first read.

Of course, in terms of cornerbacks Moore will be going up against this season, Sneed and Stingley are up there with the best of them. Depending on how Gonzalez and Witherspoon do in their second season, Sneed and Stingley might be the best #1 corners the Bears play this year.

Best case, Allen is back on the field this Sunday.

I know the Bears as an org have been a bit slow to pick up on the invention of the forward pass and how to use it...

But it sure would be nice to see a couple quick slants next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad