Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You'll notice it says '62 O. Beck' where Nick sat too
So it's not Nick just sitting at his spot doing wtv
He's going out of his way to actually sit and chat with Laine

Instead of what I assume would of been Scheiffle and Wheeler talking in a corner with their hands over their mouths but their eyes toward Laine, you know? Lol

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
You'll notice it says '62 O. Beck' where Nick sat too
So it's not Nick just sitting at his spot doing wtv
He's going out of his way to actually sit and chat with Laine

Instead of what I assume would have been Scheiffle and Wheeler talking in a corner with their hands over their mouths but their eyes toward Laine, you know? Lol
This?

IMG_2151.jpeg

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Knowing he was off the ice for 9-10 months I'm sure he'll be a bit rusty at the start, so I don't have high expectations but confident they can get in form in the meantime
Laine and Dach will both be rusty for the first 20 games. They almost missed the whole season (especially Dach). Newhook also missed half of the season. Is going to be interesting to see those 3 players play together.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Boomer rant, even though I'm not a boomer.

Why f***ing post different parts to different social media accounts ? To make us get all of those to follow? Just post the same video across all platforms.

I don't want TikTok, I don't even really want Instagram, or Facebook, but memes. There's f***ing Threads, too and whatever other one I might be forgetting.

On a fashion note, those shoulder patches look sharp, especially the black patches on the red jerseys.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Boomer rant, even though I'm not a boomer.

Why f***ing post different parts to different social media accounts ? To make us get all of those to follow? Just post the same video across all platforms.

I don't want TikTok, I don't even really want Instagram, or Facebook, but memes. There's f***ing Threads, too and whatever other one I might be forgetting.

On a fashion note, those shoulder patches look sharp, especially the black patches on the red jerseys.

One was from a journalist, the other from the team. Make yourself some tea and relax.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Laine and Dach will both be rusty for the first 20 games. They almost missed the whole season (especially Dach). Newhook also missed half of the season. Is going to be interesting to see those 3 players play together.
I don't think this will happen. These are top young athletes coming back after long absence. The will have trained and will be ready to go. If this is the case then everyone not in the SC finals will be rusty.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Got the whole month of September to work out chemistry and MSL systems. I don't think rust will be the issue. Chemistry with our new lines can be though.

Think about players who have 2-3 months of injury (in season) and return. Are they rusty for 20 games? I don't think so

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Got the whole month of September to work out chemistry and MSL systems. I don't think rust will be the issue. Chemistry with our new lines can be though.

Think about players who have 2-3 months of injury (in season) and return. Are they rusty for 20 games? I don't think so

We are talking about missing the whole season. 20 games is probably a lot. Let say 5-10 games to be in game shape and develop chemistry.

Reactions: NewDef

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Koivu went through cancer treatment missing 79 games and got 2 points in the final 3 games followed by 10 points in 12 playoff games. Markov played 7 games then 13 games and came back and was something like 5th in D scoring the following year.

You're vastly overestimating the effects of being rusty.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Koivu went through cancer treatment missing 79 games and got 2 points in the final 3 games followed by 10 points in 12 playoff games. Markov played 7 games then 13 games and came back and was something like 5th in D scoring the following year.

Depends a lot on the individual. Laine has a history of looking rusty after injuries, but a full pre-season should help a lot

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I remember that well. He produced, but some of those games looked really rough. He was great the next year though. Markov definitely lost a significant step.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
2024 Sasha Barkov
2023 Mark Stone
2022 Gabriel Landeskog
2021 Steven Stamkos
2020 Steven Stamkos
2019 Alex Pietrangelo
2018 Alex Ovechkin - Not boring
2017 Sidney Crosby
2016 Sidney Crosby
2015 Jonathan Toews
2014 Dustin Brown
2013 Jonathan Toews
2012 Dustin Brown
2011 Zdeno Chara
2010 Jonathan Toews

Captains of recent cup winners.

There's only one guy on the entire list who shows a pulse.

I almost fell asleep just reading these guys names and thinking about their character. zzzzz

Its only you, I find over half of those interesting and not even including ovie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad