Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
10 team no trade list eh?
That’s all the Canadian teams, Buffalo, Minny and Utah I bet

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The content brought on by Laine playing on the same team as Matthews might be worth it. So many months, years early in their careers of heated arguments with Finnish fans about who was better. Some of them would be cheering for Toronto!

“Never thought I’d be cheering for the Leafs with a Laine fan”

“What about cheering for them with a friend?”

“Aye, could do that.”

😍

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Two years for an oft injured Laine is still less risky than 7 or 8 years for Reinhart/Guentzel.

The cap is jumping up. I think a lot of clubs are going to be interested.
Not a lot of GMs in the league are worried about 7 years from now, when some other GM will have to deal with a cap.

Reinhart and Guentzel are much more likely to put up big numbers in the next 2 years, that they have a lot more value, especially (as someone else said) they don't cost an asset.

Nevermind that Reinhart is proving he's a playoff player while Laine has makeup questions. Whatever you think the odds are, NHL GMs would rater go with Reinhart or Guentzel, and frankly it's not even close.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Tarasov or Greaves + Laine

Chychryn + Forsberg + 25OA

CBJ saves about $3M in cap in this deal next season and can flip Chychrun at the deadline for more futures if desired. After next season they'll have about $9M for Laine's UFA replacement

Sens get the goalie and top 6 winger we need.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Tarasov or Greaves + Laine

Chychryn + Forsberg + 25OA

CBJ saves about $3M in cap in this deal next season and can flip Chychrun at the deadline for more futures if desired. After next season they'll have about $9M for Laine's UFA replacement

Sens get the goalie and top 6 winger we need.
This is honestly the type of trade I could see happening.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
For imagine with whom he played with last season (more 50 minutes):
  • 5 players playing in the AHL or in Europe this season (Berni, Bayreuther, Blankenburg, Björk, Hutchinson)
  • Marchenko, Johnson and Chinakhov were still inexperienced and Kirill did not so extremal %Shots anymore
  • Peeke has under average offense
  • Gavrikov, Gudbranson had average offense
  • Nyquist, Jenner and Roslovic have a little above average offense
  • only Werenski, Boqvist and Gaudreau had above average offense but he played minimum time with Zach and Adam and better without Johnny
Show me TOP players in other teams with similar teammates. Btw, we can say it about Gaudreau too.

His stats 52 points in 55 games, the best PPG in the team despite injuries.

Lumii_20240613_025525669.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
You do not have good compensation because nobody normal would trade either Barzal, Horvat or Dobson.
If that’s the level of compensation you’re expecting, I think you will be disappointed

Reactions: iggy

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Feels like a tough trade to make for both Columbus and whomever is trading for him. The talent and goal scoring ability is still there, it's just that he can't stay healthy ever since he went to CBJ. If a teams sport science section can help him stay healthy then it could be a real good trade for whoever gets him.

Feels like this is the sort of talent Carolina is looking to get back in a Necas trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad