Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'll tell you exactly what would happen. If Laine was traded, he would be healthy, one wouldn't get injured anymore, if he did it would be a minor injury. With better ones ( we have great ones too but they are often injured) he would be one of the best players in the NHL again. And we would get nothing because his price is low due to his play this season. :nod:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^
That's a stretch, saying if he's traded he won't get injured again.
Although I'm frustrated with his injuries, some are fluky and some are bad luck.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Laine has 6 goals and 3 assists in 18 games, 3+1 in last 5 games

Marchenko has 6+2 in last 18 games (one hattrick) and 1+0 in his last 5 games and 2+1 in games after his hattrick (15)
Gaudreau has 3+12 in last 18 games, but 0+5 from from the start this year (10 games) and 0+4 in his last 5 games

Both were health, did not have concussion.

I know there are advanced stats, but @Halfboard was talking about goals. Besides, this is Laine's 5th season, and he's played perfectly in the last two, especially last season. I wonder how many points and goals (+advanced stats) Matthews would have scored if he was playing here and had similarly stupid injuries like Patrik. I'm not saying that worse, just interested.
Perfectly??????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comparing him in any way to Matthews is laughable

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Quick on the draw. Tis the season that keeps on giving. Hopefully everything sorts itself out but if its something because of the team I hope its another nail in this managements coffin

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
A traffic cone would be as effective as he is/was
I’m assuming when you say “was” you mean recently. During his time in Winnipeg he was an elite talent. Raw goal scorer with one of the best shots in the league. It’s said to see his career take a wrong turn, wishing him all the best. Very genuine kid.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I’m assuming when you say “was” you mean recently. During his time in Winnipeg he was an elite talent. Raw goal scorer with one of the best shots in the league. It’s said to see his career take a wrong turn, wishing him all the best. Very genuine kid.
Byfuglien was a big boost to him and we dont have someone who takes that kind of attention and makes plays at his level currently. If Laine stick around and guys like Fantilli/Jiricek reach their potential its going to be a boost for everyone

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

He was the best player last season, when he was in.

Halfboard is just misrepresenting reality. Piling on an injured player.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Guess it wasn’t the “concussion” that was problem after all??

Of course this will just be another thing used to excuse everything once again either way.

I really want to know what other offers we had at the time for Dubois. At the time of the trade, or god forbid at times before that. Uhhh, nevermind, I’d prolly need to make it into an assistance program myself, if so.

Never forget the “joke” about Roslovic being the best asset we got in return for Dubois. That simply says it all, in regards to what Laine’s performance and time has been with the CBJ.

Reactions: Halfboard and KCbus

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Pretty much, @thebus88. We tried to trade our problem to another team in exchange for their problem, and it failed spectacularly. With the exception of one ten to fifteen game stretch where he was on an absolute heater a season or two ago, Laine has dramatically underperformed. When he's been out there at all.

Some of the injuries are just bad luck. He got a concussion from a cheap shot, and fractured a clavicle from a collision with the boards that would have injured pretty much anyone. But now, he's on his way back and suddenly he's going into rehab or something? I do hope he's OK on a human level, but as a fan, there's no way to deny that this whole thing has been a train wreck.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm not comparing him to Matthews, I'm just writing that I wonder what stats Matthews would have. I think I made that clear in the comment as well.

The problem is that some of you continue to only care about INDIVIDUAL STATS.

It should be about the team WINNING GAMES.

While he would be A MUCH BETTER option than Laine for every conceivable reason you could think of, Matthew’s isn’t even the type of player (other than being a center) that the CBJ team needs, and he himself also wouldn’t turn the team back into a “winner”.

I’ve said the same thing about the possibility of the team drafting Bedard. SURE, he and that level of offensive player would help the team, but even he isn’t what the team NEEDS at this point.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Pretty much, @thebus88. We tried to trade our problem to another team in exchange for their problem, and it failed spectacularly. With the exception of one ten to fifteen game stretch where he was on an absolute heater a season or two ago, Laine has dramatically underperformed. When he's been out there at all.

Some of the injuries are just bad luck. He got a concussion from a cheap shot, and fractured a clavicle from a collision with the boards that would have injured pretty much anyone. But now, he's on his way back and suddenly he's going into rehab or something? I do hope he's OK on a human level, but as a fan, there's no way to deny that this whole thing has been a train wreck.
Laine played 55/56 games. That wasn't a short stretch to have the stats he had. Yes, he needed some games to interface, but that's normal.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Where people’s heads go in situations like this says a lot about who they are. True colors come out. Not that I'm surprised about what we're seeing from some people
I thought we were supposed to refrain from speculation on this site but apparently it's being allowed in the main thread.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Yup, no surprises
I won't say from where, as it is a private matter, but it is in such cases that I have seen the true nature of people. And although you guys here mean rather in a bad way, I was pleasantly shocked at how many turned out to be good with great G, although I didn't expect it.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad