Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
He also sold his Lamborghini Urus and bought a Range Rover. Lamborghini is an Italian manufacturer and i think Johnny Gaudreau has italian ancestry. To me this is a clear sign of a rift in the locker room.
Also, Kekäläinen is bald, and now Laine is as well? Does this mean Laine thinks he can do better job than Jarmo? Will we see the first player-gm in the league? Is Laine asserting his dominance and taking over the organization?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
People make too big a deal of male baldness. Shave it off or proudly rock your receding hairline, I don't care, it's all good. Except combovers. Though I guess those are fine as well as long as you don't really believe people don't notice :D

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I’m 45. My hairline started receding at 22. I will never have long hair. I keep it very short but the only reason I haven’t gone completely bald is I think I’ll look like Uncle Fester if I did.
Yeah but will you shave your eyebrows when Jarmo tells you?

Attachments

• jampe.jpg
    jampe.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 12

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I suggest to start a thread "Patrik Laine's shaved head". 😎
It's a clean new start for Patrik.

Of all people, losing Björkstrand hurts the most, since he is a smart guy with heart in right place. That being said, I have no doubt that Patrik will make up for the loss: new powerful hairstyle, good summer (at least according to finnish sources) and finally the playmaker he always dreamed of.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's a clean new start for Patrik.

Of all people, losing Björkstrand hurts the most, since he is a smart guy with heart in right place. That being said, I have no doubt that Patrik will make up for the loss: new powerful hairstyle, good summer (at least according to finnish sources) and finally the playmaker he always dreamed of.
I'm not against Nyquist/Johnson -- Jenner -- Laine line. But if with Gaudreau or not I hope his center won't be either Roslovic or Texier. Even Foudy who didn't play center much time would be better.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm not against Nyquist/Johnson -- Jenner -- Laine line. But if with Gaudreau or not I hope his center won't be either Roslovic or Texier. Even Foudy who didn't play center much time would be better.
Its been brought up before but Tex would benefit on a line with Gaudreau. Probably almost as much as Laine (No im not saying he'll have Laine numbers offensively).
He like Laine suffered from needing to carry the puck up the ice when its not their strength, meanwhile Gaudreau is among the best at that particular skill. A big part of his improvement with Kuraly and Robinson was from the simple fact it was just straight ahead simple hockey and could get in and be a disruptive pest. Meanwhile when he was forced onto a top line with no legit puck carriers he suffered but I think Gaidreau alleviates that and free's many guys up like Laine, Tex, Jenner, whoever really plays with Gaudreau to just play their game

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Its been brought up before but Tex would benefit on a line with Gaudreau. Probably almost as much as Laine (No im not saying he'll have Laine numbers offensively).
He like Laine suffered from needing to carry the puck up the ice when its not their strength, meanwhile Gaudreau is among the best at that particular skill. A big part of his improvement with Kuraly and Robinson was from the simple fact it was just straight ahead simple hockey and could get in and be a disruptive pest. Meanwhile when he was forced onto a top line with no legit puck carriers he suffered but I think Gaidreau alleviates that and free's many guys up like Laine, Tex, Jenner, whoever really plays with Gaudreau to just play their game
I have always said Tex was better with players like Kuraly/Robinson, Jenner/Foligno. But if Tex didn't have an ideal transition, he should use his partners but he didn't do it. So if Tex with Gaudreau, in this case Nyquist on the right side but not Laine. On the other side Laine used his partners very good because he's able to pass under forchecking. Btw he improved his transition (only improved).

I think Lars could try these lines in the preseason:

Gaudreau -- Sillinger -- Nyquist/Chinakhov
Jenner -- Johnson -- Laine
Foudy/Bemstrom -- Jenner -- Laine
and Marchenko as a center.

Last edited:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Just a sidenote nobody wants to hear..

Tex value would skyrocket if he would play with Gaudreau. That is something to think about.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm on team Tex for #1C, meaning I'd give him a long look there. The one part of playing center he struggled with was the transition game but that's Johnny Gaudreau's job. And none of our other centers have Tex's combination of strength, speed, and defensive acumen. Roslovic struggles defensively, and might be too much of a puck hog. Jenner doesn't have the quickness, and isn't as great defensively as is often said. Sillinger might get a bit quicker this summer but last I checked wasn't nearly quick enough and wasn't actually good defensively. He was good for an 18 year old and bad by any other standard. I would give them all a chance but Tex makes the most sense.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm on team Tex for #1C, meaning I'd give him a long look there. The one part of playing center he struggled with was the transition game but that's Johnny Gaudreau's job. And none of our other centers have Tex's combination of strength, speed, and defensive acumen. Roslovic struggles defensively, and might be too much of a puck hog. Jenner doesn't have the quickness, and isn't as great defensively as is often said. Sillinger might get a bit quicker this summer but last I checked wasn't nearly quick enough and wasn't actually good defensively. He was good for an 18 year old and bad by any other standard. I would give them all a chance but Tex makes the most sense.
You're forgetting one thing. Tex didn't join his partners. If there are problems with the transition, pass. But he didn't do that often. Which is a shame because he's really strong, he's got great forechecking, skill, acceleration. He can make the perfect pass, we've all seen it. If he would start using his partners, he would be a great center. Btw, if he plays with Gaudreau, as a right winger I prefer Gus.
Jenner is better around the boards, in the front of the net. Yes, he isn't fast and ideal for the third line. But... . Next. Whom to center? Jenner or Roslovic (another player who prefer to carry the puck)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad