Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (CBJ, Laine agree to seek trade)

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
As a Ducks fan I really hopen they have interest in Laine. Sadly the players off the roster from our perspective(Ducks) that make sense to me are Lacombe or Vaakanainen. Young LD with top 4 upside. I wouldn't mind moving on from Lundestrom either. I can't see them including Minty, or Zell or one of the top forwards. I'd hope it wouldn't be hard to convince Laine of the benefits. It would just be finding a deal that makes sense.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
As a Ducks fan I really hopen they have interest in Laine. Sadly the players off the roster from our perspective(Ducks) that make sense to me are Lacombe or Vaakanainen. Young LD with top 4 upside. I wouldn't mind moving on from Lundestrom either. I can't see them including Minty, or Zell or one of the top forwards. I'd hope it wouldn't be hard to convince Laine of the benefits. It would just be finding a deal that makes sense.
If Anaheim is not on his non-trade list, he will play in your team. Of course if your value will be good.

Can I ask, what with Zegras? It is only a question. You have Carlsson and McTavish, now, Strome can play center too.

Btw, I think Patrik would play great with McTavish and either Vatrano or a player like Regenda (only compare style because don't know all your players but Pavol yes, I am Slovak).

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
If Anaheim is not on his non-trade list, he will play in your team. Of course if your value will be good.

Can I ask, what with Zegras? It is only a question. You have Carlsson and McTavish, now, Strome can play center too.

Btw, I think Patrik would play great with McTavish and either Vatrano or a player like Regenda (only compare style because don't know all your players but Pavol yes, I am Slovak).
My thoughts were even if Anaheim was on his list. It's a lower media scrutiny organization. There are 3 young centers he can try and build chemistry with. And then you have the Selanne history which may or may jot mean anything to him.

As for Zegras, most Ducks fans have 0 interest in moving him and think the rumors are click bait. The first report was given by a reporter who claimed Gibson wouldn't play another game for the Ducks last summer. Gibson is still a Duck. Z has done everything the team has asked and made marked improvement on the D. I think most Ducks fan understand that no player is truly untouchable and even the reports suggest it's going to take a LOT for Verbeek to actually move him. If the Ducks can add a real top 6 winger I think they could ice 3 scoring lines.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'd do it for Lacombe.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
How about Laine for Lacombe + conditional 3rd round pick in 2026 (with the condition being if Laine scores 30 or more goals this season, the pick becomes a 2nd round pick in 2026)? The later year is recognition that Anaheim doesn't have a 2nd rounder in 2025. No retention.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
How about Laine for Lacombe + conditional 3rd round pick in 2026 (with the condition being if Laine scores 30 or more goals this season, the pick becomes a 2nd round pick in 2026)? The later year is recognition that Anaheim doesn't have a 2nd rounder in 2025. No retention.
Honestly, I'd do it as a Ducks fan but I admittedly have wanted Laine for years.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
I think this is a good "buy low" price for Anaheim. Little risk and big potential reward. If Laine starts the season in Columbus and is playing well, the price to acquire him would likely be higher.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I think that California would be the best option for him from mental health point of view. He likes golf, tennis and cars. So he could enjoy those and take the pressure off. In Anaheim Teemu could be his mentor, which would help too.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
As I promised, so I did. So... who will be more accurate? :D :m-dance:

images (11).jpeg

Reactions: Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Patrik Laine probably to Carolina.

You can screan it

Btw, I very hope I am wrong and he either stays here or will be traded to St. Louis.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad