Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Overdrive is carried by Hayes. Doesn't really matter who he's hosting it with, if he's on it's going to be fine. I do like Gord Miller doing some of the hosting during summer, but really prefer him being as a co-host with Hayes on the drivers seat.

If Noodles or O-Dog decided to quit the show tomorrow, they wouldn't really be missed. I'd swap either of them with Frankie Corrado right now if it was up to me.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Any show with Jonas I tap out after 5 minutes everytime. Corrado has the personality of a houseplant. Even Noodles is more interesting than those two.

I don't mind Jonas, but I'm not sure why he's always on the fence for player evaluations. Or at least, rarely supports his argument. Usually goes like this:

Co-host: Domi coming back is huge
Jonas: is it? I don't know....he's fine, I guess? Maybe?

Co-host: OEL on PP1?
Jonas: ehhh I'm not sure. Seems like a good idea, but.....I don't know. Possibly.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I don't mind Jonas, but I'm not sure why he's always on the fence for player evaluations. Or at least, rarely supports his argument. Usually goes like this:

Jonas: ehhh I'm not sure. Seems like a good idea, but.....I don't know. Possibly.

Haha. I'll be honest, you actually nailed Jonas with those responses.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You guys might hate him but admit it, the best shows are with Hayes, O-Dog and Jones where Jonas just absolutely riles them up with some hot-take.

Here's the thing Jonas...

Reactions: bax and stickty111

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022

Corrado was a garbage time superstar. Only time his "potential" came out was when the game was out of reach. He is a dull broadcaster.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I don't mind Jonas, but I'm not sure why he's always on the fence for player evaluations.
Interpretation: "Is it a Dubas acquisition?" For years Jonas who cry on air "What are you going to do!" when question about whether Dubas could trade the core four, etc.
All of sudden his criticism is on steroids and Tre needs to get everything done within months. Luckily everyone has noticed and called him out on it.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Overdrive is carried by Hayes. Doesn't really matter who he's hosting it with, if he's on it's going to be fine. I do like Gord Miller doing some of the hosting during summer, but really prefer him being as a co-host with Hayes on the drivers seat.

If Noodles or O-Dog decided to quit the show tomorrow, they wouldn't really be missed. I'd swap either of them with Frankie Corrado right now if it was up to me.

I think O would be missed for a while. His shtick plays well especially with guests like Struddy and Ray. If you listen to some of his hits on other shows it's like a completely different person.

It will be Noodles that no one misses he doesn't have the entertainment factor.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Radio side is a mixed bag, too. Nothing like the days when they switched to all sports radio that’s for sure.
Robots.

I'm at the point where if another Canadian team popped up anywhere within a couple hundred kilometers of Toronto I would easily start cheering for them.

For one thing our sports media wouldn't be constantly shilling for the team. There would be fewer fans making up illogical excuses to explain why these guys do what they do. And the pressure on ticket and merchandise prices moght make it affordable for the average fan to attend games again.

A little healthy competition could only be a good thing for anyone not named the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm at the point where if another Canadian team popped up anywhere within a couple hundred kilometers of Toronto I would easily start cheering for them.

For one thing our sports media wouldn't be constantly shilling for the team. There would be fewer fans making up illogical excuses to explain why these guys do what they do. And the pressure on ticket and merchandise prices moght make it affordable for the average fan to attend games again.

A little healthy competition could only be a good thing for anyone not named the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I’ve been picking a playoff team every year for the past 50 yrs. It makes the league more enjoyable.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I don't mind Jonas

He's an arrogant little dweeb who desperately needs to be smacked upside the head.

but I'm not sure why he's always on the fence for player evaluations. Or at least, rarely supports his argument. Usually goes like this:

Because he knows nothing about hockey and is incapable of saying anything, other than to praise his fellow dweeb Dubas of course.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He left the draft rather quickly and hasn’t been heard from since. I wonder if it’s performance related or something outside. He’s an admitted drug user and oftentimes acts like it.

He's an arrogant little dweeb who desperately needs to be smacked upside the head.

Because he knows nothing about hockey and is incapable of saying anything, other than to praise his fellow dweeb Dubas of course.
It’s funny listening to his takes and how tiptoes around Dubas’ flaws yet openly blames Treliving.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I can't listen to the arrogant little pissant.
I like to listen to how they contradict themselves. I don’t think he’s arrogant, I don’t think he grew up in a hockey household and sees the game through a different lens.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
He left the draft rather quickly and hasn’t been heard from since. I wonder if it’s performance related or something outside. He’s an admitted drug user and oftentimes acts like it.
I found it odd that he kept doing the hockey central show from his basement when all the other hosts returned to the studio post covid.

Reactions: Nineteen67

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

It’s funny listening to his takes and how tiptoes around Dubas’ flaws yet openly blames Treliving.
Apparently he broke some draft rules to his media buddies at the draft, according to the rumors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad