Player Discussion: Patrik Laine IVever: a new hope? (Laine out of PAP, trade request still stands)

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Btw, I very hope I am wrong and he either stays here or will be traded to St. Louis.
Why St. Louis? I still think a Vegas trade would be the most enticing. They have a lot of what the Blue Jackets need. If I were D-Wad, I'd even retain 50 % on Laine and maybe even throw in a prospect to get the maximum return. Luckily for Columbus, I am not Don Waddell.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Why St. Louis? I still think a Vegas trade would be the most enticing. They have a lot of what the Blue Jackets need. If I were D-Wad, I'd even retain 50 % on Laine and maybe even throw in a prospect to get the maximum return. Luckily for Columbus, I am not Don Waddell.
Because Dalibor Dvorský is there. 🐱 And Vegas would not trade a really good d-manl

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What trade would make sense to St. Louis?
I don't know if it would make sense for St. Louis, but I'd love to see him and Dalibor Dvorsky in the same lineup. And at the same time, I'd be comfortable watching two teams, rather than all of Columbus' games plus some of St. Louis' games and the team Patrik Laine plays on.:D

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I don't know if it would make sense for St. Louis, but I'd love to see him and Dalibor Dvorsky in the same lineup. And at the same time, I'd be comfortable watching two teams, rather than all of Columbus' games plus some of St. Louis' games and the team Patrik Laine plays on.:D

Zero sense for STL

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Vegas would not trade a really good d-manl
If they think it improves their chances of winning the Cup, they will. And Vegas have quality two-way forwards too. Columbus desperately needs that.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Frankly, I'm selfish. :cool:

But you have nothing to give us, so for Columbus too and doubt Waddell is even thinking about your team.

Dvorsky is our best prospect and we are very high on him. He’ll be our #2 C behind Thomas

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Dvorsky is our best prospect and we are very high on him. He’ll be our #2 C behind Thomas
I'm not stupid to consider about Dvorský's trade. On the contrary, being selfish, I wanted them to play together in the same lineup in St. Louis.

It's just that neither side is interested in a trade, especially if you don't have anyone Columbus is interested in. Of course, I'm not counting Buchnevich, Thomas, Kyrou and Dvorský.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Waddell is still hopeful it’s not too late to find a trade partner for Patrik Laine, who asked the club for a change of scenery after a difficult last season in Columbus. Laine is still in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program. While the Jackets can trade him while he’s still in the program, neither they nor any other club can speak directly to Laine, and Waddell said all interested parties have asked to speak to Laine before putting together a trade package for him. “Teams keep checking in to see if there’s anything new,” Waddell said. “I tell them, ‘You guys have to be comfortable with (Laine), and I can’t help you.’ I don’t know the player personally. I’m not one to try and trick people either, so (we) made him available to chat (when he’s cleared).”The prime time to trade Laine — the NHL Draft and the start of free agency — have both passed, but Waddell remains hopeful. “There really aren’t a lot of free agents out there,” he said. “If (teams) have the (salary) cap (space) today, they’ll probably still have it tomorrow. I know there are teams that are still interested.”

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Carolina seems like the best match for all sides, especially with Kuznetsov gone off their books soon.
Doubt Kuznetsov will play in the KHL already in the next season. After maybe yes.
But Canes could trade Orlov for a cheaper d-man. $7,750,000 for him is too much.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Barkov was sure that Laine will return stronger than ever, didn't mention any timeframe though :)
For some additional context, Barkov had a small press conference in Finland where he's been vacationing and starting his summer workout (around this time, lamenting that some other folks are already leaving).

Article on Yle.fi: Aleksander Barkov juhlii Stanley Cup -mestaruutta ja auttaa ystäväänsä Patrik Lainetta: ”40–50 maalin mies”

The bit about Laine is at the end, a rough translation of Barkov's words: "We're been great friends for a long time and have been in contact a lot [in general]. I don't wish anybody to go through what he's gone through. [...] He'll return stronger than ever. He hasn't lost the ability to score goals. He's still a 40-50 goal guy."

Not really clear if they've been talking lately, or if Barkov knows anything in more detail than the general public. He might be smart enough to not say anything to the press if he did though, so who knows.

All in all, "we've learned nothing". :D

Reactions: behemolari

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Après tout, l'attaquant finlandais affirme toujours aujourd'hui que Pascal Vincent est l'homme qui a empiré ses problèmes psychologiques.
After all, the Finnish striker still claims today that Pascal Vincent is the man who made his psychological problems worse.

Vincent a vraiment été traumatisé par Laine et ne veut plus rien savoir de voir cet homme proche de lui, même s'il est dans une lige différente.
Vincent has really been traumatised by Laine and wants nothing more to do with seeing this man close to him, even if he is in a different league.

May I know where the author got this "rumor" from? And in particular, how can he claim anything today?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He doesn't know anything, it's just a rehash of Laine getting scratched and going into the PAP.
The Habs are reportedly interested in Johnson too. Hmm, would Kent want to play for the Habs since Vincent cut his time, which is why he played in the AHL? :D

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad