Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Are there specific traits you would like in an OA D?

Do you know anything about the status of Wycisk?
Someone who can shutdown a cycle and effectively transition the puck. If they have a physical edge thats a bonus.

I don't know what the latest is on him. It's too bad because when healthy, he's our most reliable guy currently, but he just can't seem to stay healthy. I wonder if they're planning on not having him.

Reactions: dirty12

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Why was this necessary? I made it very clear I wasn't aware of the player. I don't need to be an expert on other teams. Chill.
My apologies. Mayich is a solid D that is responsible and can handle the PP or Pk he is also a leader. My question is what is he going to be worth obviously you are gong to have to get rid of a few of your OA

Ottawa would be looking for a center if possible, and I notice that you have, in fact, an OA center, although with Ryan injured, I am not sure you want to give him up.

Any OA you get is probably not going to be a picks trade.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
My apologies. Mayich is a solid D that is responsible and can handle the PP or Pk he is also a leader. My question is what is he going to be worth obviously you are gong to have to get rid of a few of your OA

Ottawa would be looking for a center if possible, and I notice that you have, in fact, an OA center, although with Ryan injured, I am not sure you want to give him up.

Any OA you get is probably not going to be a picks trade.
If you mean Podolioukh, theres some skill and size there but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Bryant or no Bryant, I haven't been penciling him into the lineup at all. I would honestly try to get picks from us if I were Ottawa, because our owner dishes them out like candy. We will overpay for sure.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If you mean Podolioukh, theres some skill and size there but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Bryant or no Bryant, I haven't been penciling him into the lineup at all. I would honestly try to get picks from us if I were Ottawa, because our owner dishes them out like candy. We will overpay for sure.
nornally yes but we need a center. could be interesting

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Season starts on the road in Ottawa September 27 home opener October6 against Brampton at two going aginst the NFL

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
Season starts on the road in Ottawa September 27 home opener October6 against Brampton at two going aginst the NFL
They are playing a lot of Sunday afternoon games this season and already many fans are upset as it conflicts with football. There is a huge NFL following in Niagara with the Buffalo Bills being so close. Lots on Niagara residents have season tickets for the Bills.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
They are playing a lot of Sunday afternoon games this season and already many fans are upset as it conflicts with football. There is a huge NFL following in Niagara with the Buffalo Bills being so close. Lots on Niagara residents have season tickets for the Bills.

Saturday nights conflict with NHL. Lets see how many of these Bills season ticket holders are willing to pay for this year's seat licenses on top of their season tickets!

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
My son is a die hard Sens fan and said that before he was drafted today, he was headed to Michigan. Hopefully the dogs did their homework...we need him to report

Reactions: tjziel

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
A little surprising that Czata made the Hlinka Tournament roster and Roobroeck didn't. If Czata took a leap in development this year that would be a pleasant surprise for the Dogs

tdot

Jan 28, 2024
A little surprising that Czata made the Hlinka Tournament roster and Roobroeck didn't. If Czata took a leap in development this year that would be a pleasant surprise for the Dogs
Roobroeck got an injury that took him out of the selection camp

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
As of today, Brantford, Brampton, Oshawa, Kingston, Barrie, Sudbury, Ottawa, North Bay all return rosters that leaves Niagara on the outskirts of the playoffs again. Niagara requires at least one of those last three teams to be massive sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad