Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I think what Days is feeling is that Tampa/SP has not had a direct whack, actually since Donna in 1960 (I was an 11 yr old leaving on CLWTR beach). '04 had the brushes with the two (Frances and Jeanne) that came from the east as TS when they came across, and of course Charley which gave US a 15 mph breeze and destroyed Punta Gorda. Tampa has dodged so many bullets.

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think what Days is feeling is that Tampa/SP has not had a direct whack, actually since Donna in 1960 (I was an 11 yr old leaving on CLWTR beach). '04 had the brushes with the two (Frances and Jeanne) that came from the east as TS when they came across, and of course Charley which gave US a 15 mph breeze and destroyed Punta Gorda. Tampa has dodged so many bullets.
A direct hit doesn't entirely matter if the power goes out, or games are postponed. Nashville has had to take multiple rookie tournaments on short notice after hurricane threats.

Reactions: Hoek and Renopucker

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
A direct hit doesn't entirely matter if the power goes out, or games are postponed. Nashville has had to take multiple rookie tournaments on short notice after hurricane threats.
Good point, but I can't remember losing power in 36 years in Tampa/Westchase, due to a TS or hurricane. Of course, perhaps my memory is failing...

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Good point, but I can't remember losing power in 36 years in Tampa/Westchase, due to a TS or hurricane. Of course, perhaps my memory is failing...
I mean, i'm Westchase adjacent in Citrus Park and i've had it happen more than a few times, with or without storms. I wish TECO were that good...

Reactions: Hoek

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Sergy looks pissed
GWq9Dw8XsAAwsct.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Hedman would probably win a player vote, IMO.

Player votes at this level are weird. Coaches should obviously take player thoughts into account, but who is even still around from when Stamkos was named captain?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Goncalves will get a look, just hope Cooper actually puts him in a spot to produce. Excited to see what Huuhtanen can do in camp. Geekie probably needs to dominate in Syracuse first before getting an extended run in Tampa.

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman would probably win a player vote, IMO.

Player votes at this level are weird. Coaches should obviously take player thoughts into account, but who is even still around from when Stamkos was named captain?
There is no way this team ushers Stamkos out and then doesn't make Hedman captain. They're only waiting out of respect.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We all know that when Lilleberg steps on the ice at rookie camp, wearing that 'C', BoltsTwitter will melt down.
This would be a pretty funny prank to announce Hedman’s captaincy. Introduce the new captain as a big left-handed physical defenseman and have Lilleberg come out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad