Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I really liked this offseason. Out with an offensive D man who can't play D., We gain a D man who can play D and be a leader on the ice. We gained a great forward who can play D and score goals for an aging player who was only effective on the PP. Go Bolts from AK.

Reactions: Sky04

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Whos gonna be our guy who protects star players,can fight,hit,and make opponents be scared? Ace?
We are soft again,this is one of the biggest reasons we didnt get cup in 18 and 19,we need some who can stand for guys. If not,I already am scared to play against Fla in Playoff with Tkachuk,Benett or against teams with few of same style players

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Whos gonna be our guy who protects star players,can fight,hit,and make opponents be scared? Ace?
We are soft again,this is one of the biggest reasons we didnt get cup in 18 and 19,we need some who can stand for guys. If not,I already am scared to play against Fla in Playoff with Tkachuk,Benett or against teams with few of same style players
Those types of players can be added at the deadline.

Reactions: Renopucker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Those types of players can be added at the deadline.
We have like 60 games before then, and establishing culture is a day 1 of camp type thing.

There will be guys getting waived at the start of the season, but they likely wouldn't be an everyday player for us (which Watson wasn't really one, either).

Last edited:

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
We should trade some picks for Jeannot

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I came here to ask this too. Bogosian, Maroon, Schenn, Watson, Perry and Jeannot all gone from the roster over the past few seasons.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Who is really threatening star players these days though? That type of hockey is dying out. You have maybe a handful of players that will try and lay a big hit on a star or get under their skin after the whistle.

You can always add a Watson / Labrie type of player later. In today’s hockey you can just skate away and be fine.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Who is really threatening star players these days though? That type of hockey is dying out. You have maybe a handful of players that will try and lay a big hit on a star or get under their skin after the whistle.

You can always add a Watson / Labrie type of player later. In today’s hockey you can just skate away and be fine.

He makes a good point about Tkachuk and Bennet

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019

Like Tkachuk Bennett Montour havent terrorised our players? Or before that someone like Wilson? I wish we could feed Ace with something that he just grows to 187cm before this season and gets weight like 90-95 kgs I would be happy AF, we need to ask Russians I know they have something that they add to young players whos at 13-14 looks like 19 yo dudes xD

I came here to ask this too. Bogosian, Maroon, Schenn, Watson, Perry and Jeannot all gone from the roster over the past few seasons.
Schenn uf dude is role model of how you use ur strnghts to cover up ur weaknesses so good that noone ever remembers about bad things in ur game

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
W

I think that was the thought process for a while and we tried adding "grit" by signing veterans that didn't mesh or bring much to the table. The "grit" Maroon, Perry, Schenn, Bogo, etc brought was perfect and we got two cups. Obviously they aren't getting all the credit but our bottom six sorely lacks some size that knows how to play that style effectively.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We really need Brian Boyle back
I would say Pat Maroon. It's not really about fighting so much as it's giving everybody a bit more snarl. Some guys seem to bring that to the locker room. Florida has that quality in their star players, which is even better.

As skilled as Kucherov is, and to a lesser extent Point, what makes then particularly effective in the playoffs is their ability to play tough. Kucherov doesn't hit, but he's a known psycho. You F with him at risk of your limbs.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He had 17 goals this year and was over 50 point pace last year, how did he not get an offer.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not that Johnson would have made me feel better about the upcoming season but it would have been nice to see one more move. I feel like we're gonna be putting out fires at forward come TDL. Would love to be wrong here

Reactions: Outl4w

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Emil Lilleberg and Noah Steen are trying to get Norway into the Olympics in a winner-takes-all game against Denmark.

preview:

Reactions: Renopucker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'll say it again. Hockey season runs way, WAAAAYYYYY too late. Games should be played by October 1st and 2nd, Cup won by May 31st. As far as I'm concerned we are sitting here twiddling our thumbs and camp should have started already
The slightly later start is good for avoiding the peak of hurricane season (pretty much right now).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad