Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Some people talk about no retention is such a big deal...lol...Seriously? It,s 2 years!!! Not 10. We'll do this year and there's only 1 year left. Geez with retention we might be even able to move him for a 1st if somehow we still struggle....I like Harris...but a 1st and a 2nd for him? yeah...sure. But even better a functional Laine and a 2nd? There's just no downside here.

For Columbus, they get the money and a safe pretty good kid too. It's not that much the end of the world either for them.OBVIOUSLY, it has nothing to do with good asset management...but did they really had a choice?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Harris was a pretty long shot to make the opening day roster at this point. This is basically Laine and a second rounder for nothing we really needed to begin with. This is as close to zero risk as you can get.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Haven't gone through the thread yet but wow, I did not expect Hughes to pull this off! This trade is the definition of low risk high reward imo. I wonder what other offers were on the table because that seems pretty low.

If Laine can turn it around working with MSL... Oh man this is gonna be fuuunn!

What happens with Caufield on PP1 left circle? Stays there and Laine on PP2?

People gonna have to start putting some respekt on the Habs name! Hughes ain't playing out here!

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
This is a lot like the Monahan deal. Obviously a lot to do with salary. I don't expect much from Laine but the 2nd for Harris is gold potatoes. Great trade.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As I was saying in the Laine thread - there were risk factors, so the return would have be low.. and we got paid to take him, so I'm excited to see how this experiment goes.

By getting paid to take him, it minimizes the downside of the deal, and clearing Harris creates less burden on the log jam on left defense. So add scoring, add an additional high pick in a future draft, and alleviate a defensive log jam.

Upside is he finds his game and we either extend him in line with our salary structure, or retain half and trade him for a huge return at the deadline in 2 years OR use him as an 'own rental'.

Downside is he doesn't and we let him walk or re-negotiate a much more reasonable deal ahead of UFA.

Kent Hughes is a GM. He is making this whole thing look EASY.
That's the thing too
Yeah yeah reclamation project, and that's all fine
Possible trade fodder later potentially, we have time

But the *slight alleviation of the LD logjam* was critical for me
So I'm obviously overjoyed with that progress
I know you liked Harris a lot, but you and I both know he'll thrive in Columbus as a more relied upon Dman

Looks like the emergence of Struble sealed Harris fate a bit

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The real trade was Harris for a 2nd. Laine is just an add on that could turn out real good. If not, his contract expires before any of the young kids need to be resigned

Reactions: EXPOS123 and Andy

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Struble - Barron
Xhekaj

We're good. We can even carry one of Reinbacher/ Mailloux if they force hands now.
I think they go:

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux (pairing was fire in the A)
Barron

Reactions: electron58

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad