Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Some people talk about no retention is such a big deal...lol...Seriously? It,s 2 years!!! Not 10. We'll do this year and there's only 1 year left. Geez with retention we might be even able to move him for a 1st if somehow we still struggle....I like Harris...but a 1st and a 2nd for him? yeah...sure. But even better a functional Laine and a 2nd? There's just no downside here.

For Columbus, they get the money and a safe pretty good kid too. It's not that much the end of the world either for them.OBVIOUSLY, it has nothing to do with good asset management...but did they really had a choice?
The important part is, all the Habs guys are signed for at least 2 years. This is literally no risk and gives some skill for the guys like Dach/Newhook to play with and maybe develop.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Well for a guy with mental health issues maybe not the best place to go to.
That's the other thing tho

The mental issues weren't from the 'city'
They were from the poor locker rooms

We're fostering something a bit different these days
Building a young fun offensive team

And God willing, it's hopefully the environment that gets him back on that 44 goal track baby

I was against it at first but.. I didn't ACTUALLY think we'd be trying to get him lol, I was preparing myself to not get excited

But now seeing the cost too is just,
Wow.

Such a worth the gamble experiment after all

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Need an upgrade on Newhook for any success.

Not really. It's all about perspective. If you see Newhook as a 2nd line W, you're right. If you see him as a staple on the 3rd line in the competive window he's great. On pace for 50 pts last season. If that's your 3C, you're in good hands

Reactions: Andy

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Suzuki and Caufield must be so happy right now, I wish I could see their reactions lol

Exactly!!! This isn’t a long term move IMO, this is a bone thrown to the young vets…this is a great message to send them before the season starts!!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'll say this.

Watching Hughes actually do things with the cap while that f***ing idiot Bergevin just held it for no reason missing out in opportunities like getting Bickell and Teravainen for free, or getting a 1st that turned into Jarvis for Marleau just sucks. Granted that Leafs one might not have worked because of rivals and whatnot, but yeah.

Dude used his cap space to get Armia and a 4th and that was pretty much it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad