Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At best, it's just an insane steal. At worst, it's 2 years. AT the very worst....Laine is good...but not that good yet, he makes us a 14th team borderline playoffs but no playoffs.

We just have to wish that he succeeds. And somehow...any chance he gets a new step on his skates...that would be fun.
Exactly, it's not like we took on a Huberdeau contract.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Well the price is more than fine and Hughes know more about building a team than I do, so I can't be mad. I hope Laine is successful in his 2 years left, and we either extend him reasonably or TDL him.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
As I was saying in the Laine thread - there were risk factors, so the return would have be low.. and we got paid to take him, so I'm excited to see how this experiment goes.

By getting paid to take him, it minimizes the downside of the deal, and clearing Harris creates less burden on the log jam on left defense. So add scoring, add an additional high pick in a future draft, and alleviate a defensive log jam.

Upside is he finds his game and we either extend him in line with our salary structure, or retain half and trade him for a huge return at the deadline in 2 years OR use him as an 'own rental'.

Downside is he doesn't and we let him walk or re-negotiate a much more reasonable deal ahead of UFA.

Kent Hughes is a GM. He is making this whole thing look EASY.
Beside last year where he was having some personal issues and barely played, the two years before in Colombus he had 48goals and 108pts in 111 games, this guy pretty much always produced.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
As I was saying in the Laine thread - there were risk factors, so the return would have be low.. and we got paid to take him, so I'm excited to see how this experiment goes.

By getting paid to take him, it minimizes the downside of the deal, and clearing Harris creates less burden on the log jam on left defense. So add scoring, add an additional high pick in a future draft, and alleviate a defensive log jam.

Upside is he finds his game and we either extend him in line with our salary structure, or retain half and trade him for a huge return at the deadline in 2 years OR use him as an 'own rental'.

Downside is he doesn't and we let him walk or re-negotiate a much more reasonable deal ahead of UFA.

Kent Hughes is a GM. He is making this whole thing look EASY.
Don’t say that please , now that people (MB) figured out it is a PlayStation after all they might change the level from easy to hard !

Reactions: Fenwick McCorsi

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hell yeah.

I advocated hard for this in both the Trade Proposal thread and then the "Dedicated Laine" thread and for all of the reasons I said in there. This is a great deal and makes perfect sense for us in this stage of the rebuild.

- We had room to take on his whole salary. Not a lot of teams did.
- His caphit doesn't interfere with us competing or winning the cup because we will not be winning the cup while he's here (or trying.. we're rebuilding and taking steps).
- He's a risk. We're rebuilding, we can take the risk.
- We needed scoring. Kent and players had reiterated they want to take a step next year.
- Harris is a decent player, but we have some horses to make room for. I felt like he was going to be squeezed out.

Getting a 2nd on top is just gravy. Went Wughes, indeed.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
So, been working all day... Any interesting news?

kent.png

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Laine was PPG all his career except for last year, cause his dad died and he was injured. He can become our best player, instantly. Thats a HUGE add. Plus hes the same age as Suzuki. And 6'5!!!!!

Im so HAPPY we have season tickets at BC and having Laine this year + Demidov next year. Thats hyping me up.
Even last year i mean he was pacing for 27 goals and 41 points considering how weak the Jackets center line was it was not that bad. I mean look at Gaudreau's stats last year it was his worse season in career. When Dach is heahtly we actually have a more than decent center line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad