Confirmed with Link: Patrik Laine and 2026 2nd round pick acquired from the Blue Jackets in exchange for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At best, it's just an insane steal. At worst, it's 2 years. AT the very worst....Laine is good...but not that good yet, he makes us a 14th team borderline playoffs but no playoffs.

We just have to wish that he succeeds. And somehow...any chance he gets a new step on his skates...that would be fun.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Laine after spending his career in Winnipeg and Columbus.

gambit-channing-tatum.gif

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Come on Hughes, do something!!!!!!

We will see how it plays out. Its just using the cap space for a potentially big payoff. If it doesnt, Laine just ends up on Robidas Island or 2 yrs and done

He is only a yr removed from being a PPG player

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Laine after spending his career in Winnipeg and Columbus.

gambit-channing-tatum.gif

Ive watched that shit over 50000 times since it came out. Channing Tatum has done it again.

Good deal btw. I was cold on Laine at the beginning of the summer. But I see no issue with him short term, and if we can flip him for something in a year or two, then that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Harris is a decent player but our small D is Hutson now. Good luck in Cbus.

Laine replace Anderson who will no doubt be buried in the bottom 6 for good.

We can always bully Laine back to the PAP if he's bad. Kent Hughes W

1000005850.jpg

Reactions: dinodebino

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There is almost zero risk in this deal.
The risk is minimal. The chance for Harris to be better than 3 of Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj, Struble, Engtrom is almost 0 and we were not going to ice him enough for him to get more value he was always going to be a guy who would develop elsewhere. The trade is basically we trade Harris for a 2nd round pick to ice 3 of Guhle, Xhekaj, Hutson, Engstrom and Struble which is totally fair and we gamble on Laine for nothig.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I cant think of a better coach or management group than the ones we have now to ensure the spotlight and media don't get to Laine. From Winnipeg to Columbus, Laine hasn't really been in a market with a healthy locker room or off ice situation. Let's see what he can do when he's put in the right situation to succeed.
100 pct . The peg was a disaster if a locker room with shitheads like shiefele.
And the circumstances in Columbus are well documented . Like I said a month ago losing a father affect many differently . Havinng him on a team with great leaders and good humans like Suzuki , slaf will onky help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad