GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | DAY 01

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So not a knee (I assume that was the minor procedure), some sort of mystery muscular injury. Weird.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Good:
- Demko in good spirits, confident he can 100% recover
- Is able to be on the ice and move around

Not so good:
- Literally an unprecedented muscle injury that no player (athlete?) has had before
- No timeline for return

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Nice to see Lekkerimäki start with Pettersson-DeBrusk, I suspect Hoglander is not the preferred option on that line.

Reactions: quat

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Intrigued to see how much time Lekk is going to get. I find it promising that with Tocchet calling him a buzzsaw he will get a really long look and every chance to make the team.

Demko...no timeline isn't a great bit of news. Not even a week-to-week.

Let's Go!!!!!!

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I’m curious to see if Alriksson can take momentum of the rookie camp and make it through the first round of cuts.

It's interesting because unless Alriksson, Mynio, Pattersson, and Romani are going to make the team, it's usually more beneficial to get them back to their junior teams.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
It's interesting because unless Alriksson, Mynio, Pattersson, and Romani are going to make the team, it's usually more beneficial to get them back to their junior teams.
With Blueger and Joshua out it might open up the possibility to get a younger player to make a late cut. I’d imagine that staying at main training camp would be better than junior camp.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
With Blueger and Joshua out it might open up the possibility to get a younger player to make a late cut. I’d imagine that staying at main training camp would be better than junior camp.

Really depends on Blueger, how many forwards they want, and if they are going with a full 23-man roster. With Blueger healthy, Joshua out, and Blias there are 14 forwards signed to one-way contracts*.

*PdG is on a two-way but his AHL salary is $500,000.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Today is the one year anniversary of the Pearson for DeSmith trade. Last season management made two trades during training camp. The season before that they traded Dickinson right as exhibition games were starting. Will the trend continue?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
With the injuries on wing and centre there's obviously a greater opportunity for a couple of guys knocking on the door. While Aman is the most established to slot in as the 4C, I am curious whether Sasson can make this a difficult decision.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Today is the one year anniversary of the Pearson for DeSmith trade. Last season management made two trades during training camp. The season before that they traded Dickinson right as exhibition games were starting. Will the trend continue?
Poolman trade and Lankinen signing late Friday afternoon in Canuckian fashion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad