Value of: Patrick Kane UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
His age, and his playoff performance it would surprise me if he has little calue

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I honestly rather keep Kane over Panarin but sadly Rangers are stuck with that playoff choker. Kane was a lot more useful than Panarin this year in these playoffs and he was hurt. Panarin regular season finesse player nothing more.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
back to Chicago . One year deals for 2 mill each year for as long as he wants to play.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could see Patrick Kane rehabbing for most of next season and signing with a contender late. Maybe just a 1 x 1 type of deal, it seems he will be more concerned with who he plays with than the money.

He has to get his health situation improved, but if he does he could be a difference maker next playoffs.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Chicago, NYR, Buffalo or retirement.

I literally can't fathom any other option.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I have no clue where he wants to go, except I really don't think he is interested in heading home to Buffalo. If he wants to play, I see him wanting to go to a really good team and/or a really fun market. And no offense, but the Sabres are not really good and Buffalo is not really fun.
Kane has had so much fun in Buffalo that the Blackhawks had to ask him to stop spending his summers there. Bars open until 4. And he’s a drunk douchebag who has left bad stories in every establishment in town.

as for not being really good…we’ve seen Kane play this year. And we aren’t paying him to take a 20 - 22 year old out of the lineup for what he brings. Even if we could keep him sober around all his worst influences.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
His injury status is concerning. It sounds like whatever has been ailing him is something that surgery would put him out long term or potentially shorten his career.

Guess we’ll see. But for the sake of this thread I’ll assume he’d be close to 100% for the start of the season.

In which case I’d offer 1 year 7 mi

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton is the best fit for how he likes to play and probably giving him a shot in the arm career wise.

But I think he'll probably sign in Buffalo.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He needs to get healthy. He looked really bad while skating. Giving him a high cap just for him to struggle through it is going to really be bad for whatever team does that

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton is the best fit for how he likes to play and probably giving him a shot in the arm career wise.

But I think he'll probably sign in Buffalo.
Edmonton has a RW opening in the top 6. Kane would fit in pretty nicely there. Doubt it happens though.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Kane has had so much fun in Buffalo that the Blackhawks had to ask him to stop spending his summers there. Bars open until 4. And he’s a drunk douchebag who has left bad stories in every establishment in town.

as for not being really good…we’ve seen Kane play this year.
There is so much wrong with this post, I don’t even know where to begin.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is so much wrong with this post, I don’t even know where to begin.

In purely hockey terms, a small play-making vet who needs to be sheltered from defensive situations and looks like he's cooked, like he's done, is not at all what Buffalo needs.

As for off-ice, there is a lot of chatter about what sort of person he is. And it's never been good.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
In purely hockey terms, a small play-making vet who needs to be sheltered from defensive situations and looks like he's cooked, like he's done, is not at all what Buffalo needs.

As for off-ice, there is a lot of chatter about what sort of person he is. And it's never been good.
There's been nothing bad since 2015 with him off the ice. And he's had a long term gf with a kid now. He's been a leader off the ice working with younger players or setting up practices during covid. It's a lot of way back in the past elements that have gone away since he stopped hanging out with old family and friends in Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad