Value of: Patrick Kane UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's clearly not 100% physically. That greatly impacted his ability to play to his strengths. If he can rebound from that he can still be a contrbuter on a good team for the next two-three years (if he wants it).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I could see something like 1 yr 1m with edmonton to chase a cup

Likely not. He has 3 rings so he aint desperate to chase another one.

Kane likes the big lights and cities. I dont see him wanting to play win a small market like Edmonton, even if theres the opportunity to play with McDavid. Hes in a good posiiton where he can (to an extent) choose his next team.

Honestly, my guess is Dallas or Vegas.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Buffalo honestly has 0 need for another scoring winger. If anything, I suspect we may need to clear some older/lower ceiling bodies out of the way up front to make room for Savoie an possibly Kulich next season. If Kane were a grizzled vet RHD and wanted to come home as a UFA, great. But as a small scoring winger, the fit just isn't there even presuming something he's interested in.
You’re telling me if his agent approached Buffalos GM and asked for a league minimum contract Buffalo wouldn’t jump on that? To me that’s crazy put him as the 1st line RW and move Tuch to the 2nd if he comes back healthy like he was in 2021

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Seems like a VGK kind of move.

If they're interested, they'll figure it out somehow.

Reactions: biturbo19

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I could see something like 1 yr 1m with edmonton to chase a cup
Yes, because the the three time cup champion is going to take a discount for a cup. I think at this point he’s succeeded enough that he’s not motivated enough to take that sort of paycut. Honestly, he seemed less hungry with the Rangers as well. I think he may just retire unless he’s after Hulls Pt record.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm gonna bet he signs with the Kings or Vegas. Not sure he's quite the right fit there but I see him taking the Pavelski type route of 1 year deals. Can go to a nice comfortable market that is still a big city. NYI would be interesting though.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have no clue where he wants to go, except I really don't think he is interested in heading home to Buffalo. If he wants to play, I see him wanting to go to a really good team and/or a really fun market. And no offense, but the Sabres are not really good and Buffalo is not really fun.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I think he ends up in Vegas somehow. I do think he could be a really good fit on the wing there.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
You’re telling me if his agent approached Buffalos GM and asked for a league minimum contract Buffalo wouldn’t jump on that? To me that’s crazy put him as the 1st line RW and move Tuch to the 2nd if he comes back healthy like he was in 2021
league minimum lol

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Skinner - Thompson - Kane would give up approximately 150 goals on their own.

Hard pass.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can't help but feel like he's still an obvious fit with the Hurricanes. I don't know if he has any interest in that, but if he can come back a little bit healthier, a little bit rejuvenated, he'd be exactly the sort of thing they could use to bolster their offensive skill quotient. Especially if Teravainen doesn't bounce back.

It also feels like the sort of move Vegas would make. Moving cap around somehow to fit him in just feels like their M.O.

There are a bunch of teams where i could see it working though. Just depending on how much he's willing to take a salary haircut to plan on a more competitive team. As well as a question of what he's willing to do on term. Does he want to settle on a 3-year sort of deal that takes him to retirement somewhere? Or would he rather just string together a few 1-year deals where he can "pick his spot" every summer until he retires?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'll guess Penguins

It's a short drive from Buffalo for his Dad
The bolded is a good point that most here probably don't know about.

Kane Sr. has a fear of planes and would commute from Buffalo to Chicago by car to see 88 play. Kaner won't be heading further west than when he was in Chicago, not unless he suddenly hates his old man watching him play all the time.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
The bolded is a good point that most here probably don't know about.

Kane Sr. has a fear of planes and would commute from Buffalo to Chicago by car to see 88 play. Kaner won't be heading further west than when he was in Chicago, not unless he suddenly hates his old man watching him play all the time.

Makes sense with his other TDL destination being Toronto.

Feels weird to say, but I wouldn't be opposed to Kane coming to Detroit on a short term deal....

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I'm gonna bet he signs with the Kings or Vegas. Not sure he's quite the right fit there but I see him taking the Pavelski type route of 1 year deals. Can go to a nice comfortable market that is still a big city. NYI would be interesting though.
Yeah Vegas for cheap like Kessel could be a fit.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Skinner - Thompson - Kane would give up approximately 150 goals on their own.

Hard pass.

Their own net? There isn’t D in their names or their games. Would be fun to watch though.

It’s such a moot point either way. He’s not taking league minimum. There are guys lacking ego in the NHL- Kane wouldn’t seem to be one of ‘em, and he’s shown no inclination to do his past team nor Buffalo any favors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad