Former Bruins Patrice Bergeron II RETIRES (post 430)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This sucks. At some point we all knew Bergeron was going to retire, but it hurts that he actually did. It's crazy to think that I've been watching him wear that spoked B for the majority of my life. There are a lot of special players that have played in this league, but there will only be one Bergeron. He was a joy to watch, and I hope he enjoys his retirement to the fullest.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He said his family will stay in Boston for this school year but then will decide where to live (Boston or Quebec)
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him raise his family in Quebec. I believe his wife is
also French-Canadian and I assume their parents are there also.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Interesting to hear Patrice say that he doesn't plan on watching much hockey this coming season. No itch to immediately get back on the ice to skate. Coaching pretty much off the table (maybe down the line). Glad to not have a set goal-oriented workout plan. Body telling him it was time. Spending time with his family mentioned multiple times.

After hearing that conference I feel even more grateful that Patrice came back this past season to try to give the team a go at the Cup. Even though he was still playing elite hockey it's pretty clear he was ready to move on. Props to him for being smart enough to know when to call it quits and focus on himself and his family.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If you want to see him play again, you can go to his charity tournament in Quebec on August 10.

Carlo, Gryz, Clifton, and Swayman are all going to play as well.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So.....

When do they retire his number?

And do they do it the same night as Chara? While that would be cool in one sense, and I'm sure Bergeron would prefer to share the spotlight with someone lol, they both deserve their own night.

Do they retire Chara before Bergeron since he retired sooner? Or after Bergeron, since Bergy never played for another team?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So.....

And do they do it the same night as Chara? While that would be cool in one sense, and I'm sure Bergeron would prefer to share the spotlight with someone lol, they both deserve their own night.

Do they retire Chara before Bergeron since he retired sooner? Or after Bergeron, since Bergy never played for another team?

IMO- both will get their own night. Chara first- w/o his signing the Bruins could not have turned the franchise around the way they did. Chara was the foundation of those great teams plus his leadership changed the culture making Boston a team players would want to play for.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
So.....

They each deserve their own nights.

Perhaps wait until the product on the ice starts to slip and schedule it for a Thursday night against Columbus or Nashville.

Good way to sell tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad