Former Bruins Patrice Bergeron II RETIRES (post 430)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Bergeron retires:

84th all-time in regular season goals (427);
79th all-time in regular season points (1040);
70th in total regular season games played - 16th in total games played with a single franchise (1294);
and, in a wild coincidence:

50th all-time in playoff points, tied with Brad Marchand and David Krejci with 128.

And only Gretzky (9XHart, 10XArt Ross), Plante (7XVezina), Orr (8XNorris), Harvey and Lidstrom (7XNorris each) have won an individual award more times than he has won the Selke (6), tied with Howe (6XHart, 6XArt Ross), Lemieux (6XArt Ross), Durnan and Hasek (6XVezina each). Not counting nor checking Lady Byng.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Somewhat off topic question still pertaining to Bergy - is there any place that still sells Bergy Reverse Retro jerseys or were those limited time?

Somewhat off topic question still pertaining to Bergy - is there any place that still sells Bergy Reverse Retro jerseys or were those limited time?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just a random thoughts while of course not being able to shake the news from my mind.

With how well known it is as to how inclusive and caring Bergy is, it would be cool to see him take a role similar to The Chiefs old role of director of road services. Or something where he remains engaged with the individual players and making sure they’re taken care of/in a good place. I remember Chief was (and probably still is) very good about that with new acquisitions. Bergy probably doesn’t wanna travel as much though with young kids at home!

Also, who’s getting passed the baton of Patrice’s pals? When I was younger it was PJs pals then bergy took it on.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm having an issue getting on to my "X" (Twitter) account.
I was looking to see what/if Bruce Cassidy said about PB's retirement?
Anyone have that?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Wearing my Bergeron tshirt while traveling today.

Glad that his family is staying in the Boston area for this next year. He’ll get a chance to see how everyday life is and I’m sure he’ll come around a few times to say hi to the guys and do something for the 100th Anniversary.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Crazy but at the Bruins carnival my kid won a Bergeron signed jersey and at the team cookout we not only won another Bergeron jersey but he took us over just me and my kid who was around 8 and signed it and chatted her up- it was a different era they weren’t popular had a low season ticket base and he was kind of flowing around talking and taking pictures, signing autographs

It’s like he was at a wedding going table to table at ease and interested in everyone and thanked them for coming

I’ll dig them both out when they retire his number

Reactions: bergeronsboys

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
IMO- both will get their own night. Chara first- w/o his signing the Bruins could not have turned the franchise around the way they did. Chara was the foundation of those great teams plus his leadership changed the culture making Boston a team players would want to play for.
& Savard also

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad