Former Bruins Patrice Bergeron II RETIRES (post 430)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Honestly just sad. Selfishly, like many, I wish it wasn’t the end.

As an almost 30 year old man, some of my first Bruins memories are of a young Bergy. This hits hard.

Thank you Bergy for so many wonderful memories. And best wishes to you and your family. So glad you were a Bruin for your entire career. You played the game the right way and the way you embraced us fans was nothing short of a class act.

I look forward to seeing 37 in the rafters.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Best with with your retirement or next job thanks for the wins you were responsible for.
Thanks for being a respectable Bruin player.

Best of health to you.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Some more...

Sophia :cry:

Tumblr_l_688427263256082.jpg

Bergy signed a stick for Greer

Tumblr_l_688334029507367.jpg

Denna Laing

Tumblr_l_688391320309168.jpg

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I still can't believe he's retiring. Like...I'm reading it. I get it. But my brain still hasn't processed that he won't be on the ice playing anymore. He deserves everything. I miss him already.

My petite patate! :puppy:
Same. I have a lot of memories when I was a kid before Bergy but being born in 90 they are pretty faded. Hard pill to swallow. I remember when Samsonov won the Calder trophy pretty vividly somehow lol, that's an early highlight.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Same. I have a lot of memories when I was a kid before Bergy but being born in 90 they are pretty faded. Hard pill to swallow. I remember when Samsonov won the Calder trophy pretty vividly somehow lol, that's an early highlight.

Sergei Samsonov was my FAVORITE player before Bergy. I have his jersey in storage. He was so fast and shifty. It sucks injuries took a toll. He was so fun to watch when him and Bergy were together.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
One of my favorite moments was watching Bergeron on team Canada at the World Hockey Championship semifinals game bs Russia in Toronto in 2016.
Marchand • Crosby • Bergeron what an amazing line.

Then of course the “Bergeron!! Bergeron! Bergeron!!!” game 7 game winner vs Leafs

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The Globe’s paper has both stories from yesterday. Talk about two opposite players.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Been avoiding this thread like the plague. Literally grew up watching this guy, it's going to be really weird to watch the Bruins without this man, but what a well earned retirement, I hope he gets to enjoy it with happiness and health.

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sucks that things ended the way they did and Bergeron didn’t get the John Elway ending.

Few in sports do.

Just thinking about guys in this market in recent memory.

Pierce and Garnett win the one title but lose in 2010, then get shipped to Brooklyn in 2013 basically to fade away.

Brady and the Patriots are unique because they essentially had 3 main windows of contention during their 20 year run and cashed in for multiple championships in 2 of the 3 windows. Even at the end when things started to fall apart, they still make the playoffs although it ends with the pick six against the Titans.

He goes and wins the one title in Tampa. Last season was ugly.

Ortiz wins three titles and is still a really effective player at the end of his career. 38 home runs and a .315 batting average his final season.

Bergeron’s stats aren’t eye popping. His game was never flashy. Career high was 79 points. Never put up the monster numbers that Ortiz and Brady (a bit later in his career) did. His legacy is cemented, but a 2nd Cup would have really put him over the top in terms of all timers. Still, it’s a team game. Bourque had to go to Colorado for his Cup. I don’t think anyone’s blaming him for the Bruins not winning one during their window of 88-92.

If you’re doing Mount Rushmore of the last 20 years in Boston sports, Brady is clearly #1. From there, it’s probably Ortiz 2, Bergeron 3, Pierce 4?

Difficult because Ortiz is a one trick pony and Bergeron is a jack of all trades who never put up the gawdy numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad