CFHF Fantasy League Part IX- Offseason Ahoy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's who I was gonna take if I didn't trade you my pick. Exactly my reasoning too lol.

:laugh: I thought Ho Sang was available, so he was one of the main reasons I wanted to do the deal. But this kid sounds good as well from what I've read, should be on the WJ's this upcoming year so I can look at him then. At least I got in on the draft excitement lol.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd like to thank all of you fine fellows for not making a slew of trades while I was at a castle and essentially off the grid save for 5 minutes each day for the last few. The wiki will be brought up to speed tomorrow in terms of the prospect and draft page, and updates to the draft spreadsheet should start becoming more immediate.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Take some time to unwind! How was the vacation?

And a castle without internet? What is this? The middle ages?!

I thought it was bizarre, for sure. They had wi-fi in the lobby and one of the lounge areas, but literally nowhere else.

And I find it a lot easier to unwind when I know I'm all caught up on fantasy league administration. ;)

Aug 3, 2010
Incredibly happy with my selections of Draisaitl, Vrana, and McCann.
The only player I would have wanted more than Draisaitl is Bennett but I think Draisaitl holds just as much fantasy value, just not as well-rounded.

I will not be around much in the next two weeks due to a combination of going abroad, then work, and volunteering commitments. I will do my best to keep abreast of my draft position in the Main Draft, as I am finished in the Prospect Draft. Apologies ahead of time for any temporary hiatuses, I will try to check in once every 48 hours at least, if not once a day.
I will probably submit a list to TFG/Anglesmith soon.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Incredibly happy with my selections of Draisaitl, Vrana, and McCann.
The only player I would have wanted more than Draisaitl is Bennett but I think Draisaitl holds just as much fantasy value, just not as well-rounded.

I will not be around much in the next two weeks due to a combination of going abroad, then work, and volunteering commitments. I will do my best to keep abreast of my draft position in the Main Draft, as I am finished in the Prospect Draft. Apologies ahead of time for any temporary hiatuses, I will try to check in once every 48 hours at least, if not once a day.
I will probably submit a list to TFG/Anglesmith soon.

Oh, where do you volunteer?

Aug 3, 2010
Oh, where do you volunteer?

Drop-In Centre is my primary site, and I've also done Mustard Seed. I also work with pet rescue/rehabilitation and also United Way fundraisers as I have a friend who works within their organizations. Most recently, I worked within the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo as well.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Drop-In Centre is my primary site, and I've also done Mustard Seed. I also work with pet rescue/rehabilitation and also United Way fundraisers as I have a friend who works within their organizations. Most recently, I worked within the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo as well.

Props for being so active in volunteering :) I did some small volunteering time (really rewarding) with the drop in center before and i'd like to do more but I'm so damn lazy.

I really want to work for a non profit like them but I don't have any background in social services.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah good point. I did think about that after posting. Plus free-agency is a factor too, even though it's scheduled to start a month before free-agency...

Huh? I scheduled the draft to be on July 1st, which is the day of free-agency.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
we could do an offline draft until july 1st like scheduled? If GMs are up for it I don't see the problem.

this might have something to do with me having the second pick though.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I'd prefer to wait until Free Agency, but that's just me.

And I leave for 3 weeks in 2 weeks time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I would be in favour of moving it earlier, but not ASAP. Over a month seems like excessive downtime, especially when there is a risk of running too long like last year.

In other news, I updated the draft record page and the prospect page with the progress thusfar in the prospect draft. I came to the realization that the prospect list is going to just keep growing and growing out of control given the number of prospects who are added each year versus those that are deleted. I wanted to propose some system of capping the number of prospects in the system.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would be in favour of moving it earlier, but not ASAP. Over a month seems like excessive downtime, especially when there is a risk of running too long like last year.

In other news, I updated the draft record page and the prospect page with the progress thusfar in the prospect draft. I came to the realization that the prospect list is going to just keep growing and growing out of control given the number of prospects who are added each year versus those that are deleted. I wanted to propose some system of capping the number of prospects in the system.

I think we should wait until the draft is completed. That still gives us roughly 3 months to complete our main draft (in theory we should be able to do 2-3 rounds a week). Transactions will have massive impacts on where guys get selected!

Anglesmith, why don't we impose a rule that a GM can only hold a prospects rights for 4 years, if the minimum game requirements are not met, and at that time he needs to be made a keeper or cut loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad