Roster Moves: (Part II) Gostisbehere, 2022 2nd, 2022 7th to AZ, cap relief in return

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There is no shot any team gives him 7 years. We shall see what he gets money wise and term. 4 years at what number?
3 years $15M would be my guess as a ceiling. Probably less on both money and term. I mean, it wasn't long ago no team wanted him at $4.5M.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
3 years $15M would be my guess as a ceiling. Probably less on both money and term. I mean, it wasn't long ago no team wanted him at $4.5M.
Come on man. That was all cap related. No other reason a team with a good GM could have found a way to make it work. All because of the cap hit.

That being said his current contract doesn't mean that much once you hit free agency. IMO anyway.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Come on man. That was all cap related. No other reason a team with a good GM could have found a way to make it work. All because of the cap hit.

That being said his current contract doesn't mean that much once you hit free agency. IMO anyway.
What it tells you that as recently as a couple of years ago no team in the league thought he was worth a $4.5M cap hit. Even an expansion team with no cap issues. So I think that's gotta factor in somewhat to predicting what he'll get this summer as a UFA, even though he's put up points in AZ.

Edit: I’ll set the over/unders for Ghost’s next contract as:

Term: 3.5 yrs
Cap hit per: $5.1M

And I’ll take the unders on both. You?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
What it tells you that as recently as a couple of years ago no team in the league thought he was worth a $4.5M cap hit. Even an expansion team with no cap issues. So I think that's gotta factor in somewhat to predicting what he'll get this summer as a UFA, even though he's put up points in AZ.

Edit: I’ll set the over/unders for Ghost’s next contract as:

Term: 3.5 yrs
Cap hit per: $5.1M

And I’ll take the unders on both. You?
I think the term is good you have. I will go over. 4 years 5.5 or so.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
An all-time bad trade in the history of the sport. Will makes lists for years to come. Bad lists that you don't want to be on.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad