GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I thought the US Men's gymnastics team was the highlight of the Olympics for me so far. Beyond how skilled these guys are, their enthusiasm was infectious.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Another unexpected medal coming.

Women's Rugby Sevens playing for Gold against New Zealand after a massive upset against Australia in the SF. That's after another massive upset in the QF against the French.

Incredible. Canadian athletes overperforming during these games like crazy. What will it take for funding to ever increase in this country.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Women's Rugby Sevens playing for Gold against New Zealand after a massive upset against Australia in the SF. That's after another massive upset in the QF against the French.

Incredible. Canadian athletes overperforming during these games like crazy. What will it take for funding to ever increase in this country.
That’s like the equivalent of Switzerland beating Canada and the US in hockey I think. Pretty incredible.

Piper Logan 😍😍😍

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
D19F9687-AC04-4C43-BED8-148D2B1F73C1.jpeg

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Mens basketball team beat Australia today. That is a huge win for them.
Great to see the men's basketball team off to the quarterfinals with two wins over Greece and Australia. If they beat Spain Friday morning, Canada should have a favorable match in the quarters. I heard that Jamal Murray is struggling a bit right now. Is he playing hurt or something?? I know last year he was dealing with an injury after the NBA season.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Great to see the men's basketball team off to the quarterfinals with two wins over Greece and Australia. If they beat Spain Friday morning, Canada should have a favorable match in the quarters. I heard that Jamal Murray is struggling a bit right now. Is he playing hurt or something?? I know last year he was dealing with an injury after the NBA season.
I am not sure struggling is the right word. I think they are just using him in a different way than one might have expected. They have SGA as the goto guard. He and Murray are really competing for the same role on the court. So instead they are using him as the key guy off the bench. That is a role that Wade played for the Americans in 2008 where he led the team in scoring.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Going to be tough to beat NZ. They beat the hell out of us earlier.

Reactions: Valhallis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad