GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Didn’t this clown get 0 points? Apparently she has a PhD in “Cultural Movement” whatever the f*** that is. Looks like she wasted 8 years of her life getting a bullshit meaningless doctorate and then proceeded to get embarrassed on the global stage.
That degree, is that the same as a Doctorate in Wokeology?

Heaven help us.

"Javelin freestyle" heh

Probably get better ratings then fencing.
Flaming Cornhole Competition?

Think of the sponsorship potential…or maybe don’t!

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If someone like that nutty Aussie gal was participating it cheapens the entire "sport". I guess when Eddie the Eagle did his ski jumping it was a feel good story. However when you're competing in what is essentially a dance competition there should be some sort of base level you have to achieve. I mean my daughter danced for 15 years and was offered jobs at Disney, cruise ships and could break dance like nobodies business but it aint an Olympic sport. Ive literally seen 6 year olds break dance better than that idiot.

She got a paid vacation out of it, can claim she is an Olympian, and got her 15 minutes of fame. This will just encourage other slackers to try the same ruse at the next games, at some obscure event that doesn’t have any qualification standards.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Think they
Isn’t there some kind of pre Olympic qualifications that ‘athletes’ have to go thru in their sport to make a certain time, level, etc in their event to show that they are worthy to compete in their sport at this level? Some of the other break dancers had some good moves, but the average person who doesn’t really follow the Olympics that closely will only have one picture in their mind of that event, and it will be of that gals ‘performance’. Not exactly the way to go about showing that your activity belongs in the games.
Most federations have a minimum standard after the Eddie the Eagle debacle. Breaking apparently did not have that and Raygun won the Oceania qualifying, a relatively weak qualifying region.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Think they

Most federations have a minimum standard after the Eddie the Eagle debacle. Breaking apparently did not have that and Raygun won the Oceania qualifying, a relatively weak qualifying region.
Was there for that one watching the event in Calgary. Eddie for sure didn't belong in the competition but takes all kind of balls of steel do skijump, and he did and stuck landings albeit with the worst distance results.

To me its a pretty scary, terrifying sport. Gave him some credit for even making the jumps. I would have filled my shorts..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Was there for that one watching the event in Calgary. Eddie for sure didn't belong in the competition but takes all kind of balls of steel do skijump, and he did and stuck landings albeit with the worst distance results.

To me its a pretty scary, terrifying sport. Gave him some credit for even making the jumps. I would have filled my shorts..

Yeah you're essentially risking your life. Meanwhile Raygun was flopping around the floor looking like someone needing medical attention trying to look cool. It was a disgrace and for me will always taint that event as a joke.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Didn’t this clown get 0 points? Apparently she has a PhD in “Cultural Movement” whatever the f*** that is. Looks like she wasted 8 years of her life getting a bullshit meaningless doctorate and then proceeded to get embarrassed on the global stage.
And then she proceeded to post an instagram story asking if the males will get judged on what they wear also.

No one was laughing at what you wore.

Yeah you're essentially risking your life. Meanwhile Raygun was flopping around the floor looking like someone needing medical attention trying to look cool. It was a disgrace and for me will always taint that event as a joke.
I've seen fish out of water with better moves.

Think they

There was also videos of her competitors, its looking more and more like she won due to politics.

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
1723400032731680.jpg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
And then she proceeded to post an instagram story asking if the males will get judged on what they wear also.

She sounds like one of those American Idol competitors whose mom and best friend told her she was fantastic and now that she's shown the planet what kind of idiot she is, it's mens fault....my god this schtick is so predictable with these phony PhD clowns.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yep. Completely different thing. One person risked their life doing something that was beyond their skill level on a dangerous ski jump. the other flopping around like a spawning Salmon ready to die.

Eddie Eagle knew what he was too. He embraced it and understood it and even profited from it. Got a chance to meet the man like many others did. Nice guy. This gal I'm not sure she wasn't serious out there and thinking she's some kind of great. Kind of the product of the "you're such a special snowflake" raising of generations in Western Society. Unconditional praise whatever you do until its too late.

She sounds like one of those American Idol competitors whose mom and best friend told her she was fantastic and now that she's shown the planet what kind of idiot she is, it's mens fault....my god this schtick is so predictable with these phony PhD clowns.
jebus I was just posting something like this. lol

Universities now. Not worth it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

There was also videos of her competitors, its looking more and more like she won due to politics.
What she wore was pretty gas jockey type funny. Too bad that jobs not out there anymore. Whats that PHD going to do next? Design more inclusive elevators?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Just watched it. Cringey af. Judging by the comments on an Australian news site, a lot of Auzzies are pissed and find it an embarrassment.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
So I didn't watch much at of the Closing ceremonies but the wife as usual has to have the thing on. Stepped in the room a few times and seems like they have these men in leotards dancing around for an hour playing with Olympic Rings. I was kind of transfixed thinking how long can this shitshow perfoermance last. A long long time it turns out.

You know I don't mind art, music or interesting performance but these Olympics typically have such shitty themes. So shitty there has to be somebody explaining the script and art and why its so great. ffs.

I think Tom Cruise was the best part of the Ceremony and stole the show. Really the only part worth watching and with Tom, OLd Tom, performing his own stunts. But then we see old RCHP, old Snoop dog, and young Billie Ellish and LA isn't looking so good anymore. Is Snoop dog 80?

thesandman77

Oct 10, 2022
So I didn't watch much at of the Closing ceremonies but the wife as usual has to have the thing on. Stepped in the room a few times and seems like they have these men in leotards dancing around for an hour playing with Olympic Rings. I was kind of transfixed thinking how long can this shitshow perfoermance last. A long long time it turns out.

You know I don't mind art, music or interesting performance but these Olympics typically have such shitty themes. So shitty there has to be somebody explaining the script and art and why its so great. ffs.

I think Tom Cruise was the best part of the Ceremony and stole the show. Really the only part worth watching and with Tom, OLd Tom, performing his own stunts. But then we see old RCHP, old Snoop dog, and young Billie Ellish and LA isn't looking so good anymore. Is Snoop dog 80?
It always overboard but that what it always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad