GDT: Paris Olympics 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That’s what I was thinking. Especially a physically and cardio demanding sport like rugby 7’s. I’ll bet the table tennis players get a day off though.
Rugby athletes are a different kind of crazy. I'm sure they don't care one bit about 2 games in one day, when it would send most normies to the ER.

There is no way this is going to happen.

Any final decision on point reduction had to be made before the second round of games were played because the other teams in the group needed to know what they needed to do to advance before they were played. To announce a 6 point deduction to Canada and then change it after the games are played would be a punishment to the other teams in the group through no fault of their own. As I said in a previous post, I find it easier to envision a scenario where the punishment to Canada is increased upon appeal because the original one might not be severe enough to end their tournament when it likely should have been enough.
And you were correct.

I guess they'll just have to go win another one to get into the medal round.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
And you were correct.

I guess they'll just have to go win another one to get into the medal round.
I see no explanation to why the appeal was denied was given at this time. I guess we’ll have to wait for one. It was a closed door meeting. It didn’t make sense to me to believe that a sub-committee of one of the largest grifter organizations in the world was going to overrule a decision made by another one of the largest grifter organizations in the world, lol.

It’s up to the women to win today to put themselves on equal footing for the rest of the tournament and put this ugly mess behind them. That they still have the opportunity to do so is miraculous and a credit to them. When this story first broke I didn’t envision a scenario where they could be returning to Canada as heroes but they just might after all.

Reactions: oilers'72

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I see no explanation to why the appeal was denied was given at this time. I guess we’ll have to wait for one. It was a closed door meeting. It didn’t make sense to me to believe that a sub-committee of one of the largest grifter organizations in the world was going to overrule a decision made by another one of the largest grifter organizations in the world, lol.

It’s up to the women to win today to put themselves on equal footing for the rest of the tournament and put this ugly mess behind them. That they still have the opportunity to do so is miraculous and a credit to them. When this story first broke I didn’t envision a scenario where they could be returning to Canada as heroes but they just might after all.
The Appeal Decision is public. Here's a link which clearly outlines the violations and supports the decision made. https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/7b942...8967_FIFA_28-07-2024_DGR_finalv3_Redacted.pdf

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The Appeal Decision is public. Here's a link which clearly outlines the violations and supports the decision made. https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/7b942...8967_FIFA_28-07-2024_DGR_finalv3_Redacted.pdf
Thanks for posting this. I got my info this morning from a Radio Canada article that said the appeal was a closed door meeting and details would be released at a later date.

In any event, a lot of damning information here that paints Priestman as an out right liar in addition to confirming Herdman’s guilt in this as well. He got out of international soccer just in time but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t receive sanctions by the time this is over.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
We play our festivals in ontario manitoba and bc

And of course our local festivals (Between ERU and CRU)

We also do european tours as well as australian tours
Thanks. I asked because the combination of 35C and humidity is pretty rare in Canada. Though 35C is becoming far more common these days. Certainly parts of Australia can be brutally hot.

Gopper

Sep 5, 2005
Thanks for posting this. I got my info this morning from a Radio Canada article that said the appeal was a closed door meeting and details would be released at a later date.

In any event, a lot of damning information here that paints Priestman as an out right liar in addition to confirming Herdman’s guilt in this as well. He got out of international soccer just in time but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t receive sanctions by the time this is over.
The whole thing is so stupid. Between the actions of Priestman and her staff doing something illegal. And then the comments of Kevin Blue and the head of COC making stupid comments about Toyko. Is their gold medal now at risk?

Absolutely stupid all around. I get why Fifa had to do something and the punishment was too harsh. But whatever, our coaching staff was doing something illegal and someone got arrested. Let's just stop digging a hole on ourselves and move on. Now, there's an investigation.

Appropriate action would be accepting the six point deduction and firing the staff. Done. Let's move on.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The whole thing is so stupid. Between the actions of Priestman and her staff doing something illegal. And then the comments of Kevin Blue and the head of COC making stupid comments about Toyko. Is their gold medal now at risk?

Absolutely stupid all around. I get why Fifa had to do something and the punishment was too harsh. But whatever, our coaching staff was doing something illegal and someone got arrested. Let's just stop digging a hole on ourselves and move on. Now, there's an investigation.

Appropriate action would be accepting the six point deduction and firing the staff. Done. Let's move on.
Yeah, launching an appeal didn’t seem really bright to me. Every piece of information that’s come out since this story has broken and since the punishment was levied has painted them in an even worse light. Nothing that has come out has exonerated them. Take the punishment, be grateful that’s all it was, and move on.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks. I asked because the combination of 35C and humidity is pretty rare in Canada. Though 35C is becoming far more common these days. Certainly parts of Australia can be brutally hot.

No worries.

7's is truly a different sport within the world of rugby. Its not unusual to have 20 teams play out a 1 day festival.

Our last tour in Aus we played in 4 festivals in 4 weeks playing 20 different teams

BC hosts some nice festivals in Kamloops which depending on the one they can be brutal temperature wise

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
No worries.

7's is truly a different sport within the world of rugby. Its not unusual to have 20 teams play out a 1 day festival.

Our last tour in Aus we played in 4 festivals in 4 weeks playing 20 different teams

BC hosts some nice festivals in Kamloops which depending on the one they can be brutal temperature wise
Rugy 7's is a completely new sport for me. I use to follow rugby back in the day. All Blacks vs either the Aussies or the Springboks was always something I found really compelling.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad