OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Gotta love when the US team is handed the gold.

France calling for the review, which they would have won, USA gets the ball and scores putting them up by 3.

Good stuff. Referring really is garbage these days.

Reactions: Oryxo

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How's it any different from like synchronized swimming?

I didn't watch it, but I don't mind it being there. Doesn't change my life in any particular way being there.
It's different because of the synchronization and swimming part but yeah it's probably 3rd dumbest sport. Doesn't change my life either, matter of fact very little in this world changes my life, a very dumb argument.
Nah, Rubgy and Curling.

Rubgy is football and soccer with no rules, and my grandma could curl.

Please discuss.
Rugby? You don't like seeing pure balls displayed on TV?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Breakdancing is a fkn joke ngl. Probably the worst sport in the history of Olympics sports.

Well this and dressage, of course.
It seems the Olympics have made an effort over the past several years to bring in a different demographic, particularly in the winter Olympics. I'm specifically referring to the "x games" crowd. I don't think breakdancing is in the X games catalogue but the event kind of gives that same vibe.

It looks kind of odd to me as well that is an Olympic sport but if it was a well established olympic event already when I was growing up and watching Olympics for the first time, it probably would not have looked out of place to me. Its certainly an impressive athletic endeavor, even if it looks out of place.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Curling doesn't get enough respect

Please don't hate my rugby and curling

Look at me guys, I'm curling.

sweeping-charles.gif

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

Rugby? You don't like seeing pure balls displayed on TV?

Nah, sus.

That's a sus post right there.

Rugby is the sport for the people who grew up playing backyard soccer without the offside rule.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Look at me guys, I'm curling.

sweeping-charles.gif

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

Nah, sus.

That's a sus post right there.

Rugby is the sport for the people who grew up playing backyard soccer without the offside rule.

Have you seen how buff some of those sweepers are? Haha

Women curling is like women soccer, it's often a bit of a mess. You never really know who's going to win.
Mens curling is a bit more physical. You could lightly tap a rock and they would sweep it across the ice 👀

It's a bit funny that it's always, more or less, the same teams at World's Championships like those other countries participating have no other winning teams

Reactions: Habs10Habs

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Have you seen how buff some of those sweepers are? Haha

Women curling is like women soccer, it's often a bit of a mess. You never really know who's going to win.
Mens curling is a bit more physical. You could lightly tap a rock and they would sweep it across the ice 👀

It's a bit funny that it's always, more or less, the same teams at World's Championships like those other countries participating have no other winning teams
Ive often wondered.... why are men "better" at curling? It's quite possibly the most unisex sport ever invented.

Oryxo

Oct 24, 2007
Ive often wondered.... why are men "better" at curling? It's quite possibly the most unisex sport ever invented.
I'd say the main difference is in the sweeping, but men also tend to be better at taking out multiple stones. In a way, women's curling is "harder" because the sweeping being less effective means there's less margin for error on draws and also because it's harder for them to just clear the house when they don't like the way an end is playing out. This means that the very best women curlers, who are both extremely accurate on draws and can reliably take out multiple stones, are probably "better" than most male players, the only problem would be if they had to sweep where it would be hard for them to compete with guys twice their size.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00