Podcast (Audio) Nelson Emerson on ATKM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
No reason to hate your interview, or Emerson.
Good interview and good questions.

Many here (and myself to a more mild degree) detest the old boy school, where former
teammates make up most of the dev team and front office. It is what it is and if the
Kings had a former goalie that would be a stud goalie coach, he would probably be the goalie coach! lol.
Good for Mike Buckley, there was no such former King goalie that qualified. As I get older, let some things go and this is one. It is what it is.

I am glad Nelson has at least held other positions and seems to have some passion for making a difference. One question I would love to have asked him "what exactly, does Marc Bergevin do?" or, if that comes off as too hot..."in your role, do you work with Marc Bergevin?" and let him expound. There has never been clarity of his role. Funny, not even Hoven has ever had him on. Maybe there's a clause in his contract to not have to face media. lol

Never once, have I heard Ast Coach DJ Smith do an interview or answer media after a game,
That seems odd. Why?

In all Summer interviews on all outlets, I never heard a word about Kirsanov's visit and if
there was any talk about him coming over (signing) after his KHL season,
Would love to know anything about that...even if it was nothing earth shattering.

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Will listen on my drive to cool, refreshing Palm Springs later!
Oh Shiite, thanks for the warning.
No reason to hate your interview, or Emerson.
Good interview and good questions.

Many here (and myself to a more mild degree) detest the old boy school, where former
teammates make up most of the dev team and front office. It is what it is and if the
Kings had a former goalie that would be a stud goalie coach, he would probably be the goalie coach! lol.
Good for Mike Buckley, there was no such former King goalie that qualified. As I get older, let some things go and this is one. It is what it is.

I am glad Nelson has at least held other positions and seems to have some passion for making a difference. One question I would love to have asked him "what exactly, does Marc Bergevin do?" or, if that comes off as too hot..."in your role, do you work with Marc Bergevin?" and let him expound. There has never been clarity of his role. Funny, not even Hoven has ever had him on. Maybe there's a clause in his contract to not have to face media. lol

Never once, have I heard Ast Coach DJ Smith do an interview or answer media after a game,
That seems odd. Why?

In all Summer interviews on all outlets, I never heard a word about Kirsanov's visit and if
Would love to know anything about that...even if it was nothing earth shattering.

Anyone starting a venture is going to go with people they know vs, people they do not know unless they have not built a peer group they like.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

The 4th paragraph confirms Kirsanov’s attendance (for those that didn’t see it) but I agree it’d be nice to know a little about how he got on, even if it is as simple as ‘nice guy, everyone liked him’.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

The 4th paragraph confirms Kirsanov’s attendance (for those that didn’t see it) but I agree it’d be nice to know a little about how he got on, even if it is as simple as ‘nice guy, everyone liked him’.
Probably went something more like "Let me introduce you to Kaliyev Island...".

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

He obviously only speaks Russian and French...

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020

Thanks. 3 years post drafted and at least there's hope he will sign and come over in late Spring.
The Kings' quality prospect depth in all positions is down....and the ones who have made it over the last few years - at an impact level - is basically QB, Faber and Vilardi. Too bad, 2 of them are playing elsewhere. Geez, now a little depressed.

Would have been nice to have a little more info, like 'Kirill spent time with Gav and helped him acclimate....he got his knee looked at....the strength staff gave him a regimen....he stayed more than the 4 day camp...blah blah. Yes, not exciting, but it is the first time in 3 years there could be a story and report on him.

LHD is kind of weak now and would be so good if he can become an impact player. LHD - depth : Kirsanov, Dvorak, Wooley. Angus Booth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad