OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Poor Lyles, his teammates forgot to tell him about the curse. The USA haven't made the 4x100m podium at the Olympics since Athens...
Their baton exchanges always been sh*t lol the women has the same problem but they still won.

this morning in practice they had Kerley on the 2nd leg, it was working and then they overthought this and switched Kerley and Bednarek for the race. Wouldn’t have happened with Lyles there in my opinion.

But still it was so good seeing De Grasse winning this

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not only that but disrespect toward a very good athlete like De Grasse. De Grasse is almost 30 years old and his best days are behind him but he had a good enough career to warrant respect from peers in what will be his last OG probably. De Grasse now has 3 medals in 4 x 100m. One gold, one silver and one bronze. So saying "who" is a little bit meh!
De Grasse had the unfortunate timing of going up against Usain Bolt too. Lyles would have also got smoked in that era.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Their baton exchanges always been sh*t lol the women has the same problem but they still won.

this morning in practice they had Kerley on the 2nd leg, it was working and then they overthought this and switched Kerley and Bednarek for the race. Wouldn’t have happened with Lyles there in my opinion.

But still it was so good seeing De Grasse winning this
Men USA 4x100 team has been blowing up the relay exchange at the Olympics since 2000. They usually just plain drop it thought. So improvement this year!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Overconfidence probably?
The way they start too early and botch the exchange suggest that they don't train it that much. So maybe overconfident that they can't do it just because they are "fast". They do manage to win the relay at other competitions thought.

Reactions: Gustave

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I just learned that Vincent won the gold with a world record, it was basically a footnote mention. She beat the 2018 record that belonged to Laurence Vincent Lapointe (Katie's former c2 500m partner, she retired 2 years ago).

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Going for gold against at a French athlete in about 20 minutes
Phil Wizard vs Shigekix probably was the match to watch even if it was just the semi-finals. Those two look to be on another level. Hope Phil brings home another gold.
(Edit: Whoa, Shigekix just lost the bronze to the American. Don't understand how the judging works as I did like the Japanese performance over the American but not that I know anything about breaking so...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Skip Bayless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad