OT: Paris Olympics 2024 - Jeux de la XXXIIIe Olympiade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Reading on our volleyball gals. They were 8th ranked starting the tournament. They advanced via the lucky loser (i.e. they had to play one more match to get out of their pool), defeated #2 ranked (USA) and then the #1 ranked (Swiss) to reach the final.

Apparently, this might be the first time a lucky loser team reach the final.

Also, in term of "almost medals" ranking (aka 4th/5th/6th places) in Paris, Canada is (was yesterday)...4th ranked. :laugh:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Reading on our volleyball gals. They were 8th ranked starting the tournament. They advanced via the lucky loser (i.e. they had to play one more match to get out of their pool), defeated #2 ranked (USA) and then the #1 ranked (Swiss) to reach the final.

Also, in term of "almost medals" ranking (aka 4th/5th/6th places) in Paris, Canada is (was yesterday)...4th ranked. :laugh:
Bunch of losers. Can't even be top three in the almost wins

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica

their semi-final game was awesome.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I thought I was gonna dislike the breakdancing event
Like, just a person dancing and then judges wtv grading them

But watching it now, and seeing thats its actually a 1on1 battle is Lol, I'm actually enjoying this
The friendly jawing and ribbing is funny too
Like the Aussie girl yawning at the others routine lol

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I thought I was gonna dislike the breakdancing event
Like, just a person dancing and then judges wtv grading them

But watching it now, and seeing thats its actually a 1on1 battle is Lol, I'm actually enjoying this
The friendly jawing and ribbing is funny too
Like the Aussie girl yawning at the others routine lol
Haha I'll have to check it out. I just finished watching 30 minutes of young woman, twirling a long ribbon on a stick. While doing gymnastic routines. Also much more interesting than I thought lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn 3-1 Spain over France in the Gold medal match.
I'm not used to seeing 4 goals in the first half of an International match between top seeded countries.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad