Post-Game Talk: Panthers pick up big 1-0 win at huge cost (Barkov leaves in 1st with LBI and doesn't return)

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Well the dumbass that posted the bomb threat against Gudas finally got it through his head that it was a bad idea and deleted his Twitter account. Kept checking the account and all day yesterday he just kept doubling down. He’s going to shit himself when the police show up.

I reported the account on twitter cause he also posted Montours address. Not sure if that mattered anyway with Elon running things

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Both Dallas and Vegas looked worse than Canes yesterday. That's good for us.
Lets be clear we shouldn't speak right now, about SC Finals. We first have to prepare for the next Game and the Game after that and when it's needed the Game after that too.

We better stay with the concept, we build and go. GAME BY GAME, DAY BY DAY.
And it works so let's keep it that Way.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
The truth is, that's how the players approach every game. How we post/react/feel has zero impact on that.
Lets be clear we shouldn't speak right now, about SC Finals. We first have to prepare for the next Game and the Game after that and when it's needed the Game after that too.

We better stay with the concept, we build and go. GAME BY GAME, DAY BY DAY.
And it works so let's keep it that

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Randy Moller said Barkov was sick AND injured in the first series. Chucky only has 6 more points than he does. Had he not been sick and injured we might be looking at a much closer stat line. Not to mention Barkov's obvious defensive acumen. He's putting up a historical playoffs himself with and without the puck.

There is always someone sick and Injured or whatever, special when these Players are Main or Starplayer. But that is back in the past and we don't care. The Coacch said after Game 1 Interviews. Now that Barkov preformed in this Game, all the pressure is gone.
And in Game 2 he showed up again.

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I hope the Panthers are more creative tonight than some of the posting here as of late. How about one of our board gurus giving us a review of game 3.
Cats are back on home ice and does that create more distractions ? How might the Canes look to find some answers they are playing well according to their players and coach.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I think alot of it is starting to go without saying. Game 3 is an absolutely must-win if the Canes want to stay in this. We want to put them on the brink. There's nothing really left to say except win the damn game.
I hope the Panthers are more creative tonight than some of the posting here as of late. How about one of our board gurus giving us a review of game 3.
Cats are back on home ice and does that create more distractions ? How might the Canes look to find some answers they are playing well according to their players and coach.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think the Panthers and Canes are better than the teams left in the Western Conference. Boston and Carolina were the two best teams in the entire playoff bracket, even with the Canes missing Svechnikov.

If the Panthers can close out the Canes, they've got a great chance vs Vegas or (less likely) Dallas. I'm sorry, but those two teams just don't play the same level of game as we've seen from Boston/Carolina... or even Toronto.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Wondering if the current run and the experience they win over this time can/will be part of our future identity as a team, or if it just will be a thing of this year's PO and the current roster.

I could very well live with this kind of mentality as a brand of FLA hockey

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
When I was a teenager, I worked summers at the family business doing tedious work. I would sit in my chair and think about the task's stupidity. I would think of ways to make it faster. One day my uncle approached me to check on the progress. I explained to him some half-baked bright idea.

he looked me square in the face and said "Better get on that idea, then"

all this to say you are welcome to take the initiative and create a GDT if you don't like the content

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL

@Gizmo Tkachuk @Tkachuk Temperament @wampa13jku

You heard the man, you better be buzzin' :D

Man been looking at tickets since the 3-1 in the Boston series and Im hesitant to show up there and mess with their mojo:laugh:.

I went only to 4 regular season games this year, lowest since 2017 as i try to average 20 or so, they only won once. So now that they are on this miracle run i’m extra paranoid:

-wearing the same Panthers hat until they lose a game (switched the one i was wearing during the Boston run on the game 4 L against the Leafs) new streak with another hat since then.

-i watch all OT standing up behind the couch, yes watched the whole 4OT standing up lmao, 6-0 on those.

-One game at a time mentality, not even thinking about game 4 or the finals or worried about wtf happens in the west, not our problem yet.

So far i feel like all this is working well, still i would love to be there in person!:help:

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I wish I could hold off on doing this bit but it's too scary to ruin a thing that works.

I'm sure this team is gonna find a way to lose this one and it's gonna be the beginning of the end. These dumba**es really just wanted to hype us up so the crash back down to earth would hurt even more.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Panthers are favored to win tonight first time I’ve seen that in the playoffs. Don’t like it and the underdog role suited our boys. That being said we are home it should be an advantage to a team with crazy momentum and a team that just ignores the noise.

Canes will look to open some ice Panthers must not let that happen. How about a Verhege night that would be devasting and ignite what should be a raucous crowd. LETS DO THIS !!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

I wish I could hold off on doing this bit but it's too scary to ruin a thing that works.

I'm sure this team is gonna find a way to lose this one and it's gonna be the beginning of the end. These dumba**es really just wanted to hype us up so the crash back down to earth would hurt even more.
hype us ? What are you from another planet !!!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If you look at the metrics of both games Carolina actually won the categories. If they do this again does that catch up to the Cats? Bob must continue his hot hand. Panthers are Forechecking well as a team so that category is even.

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
When I was a teenager, I worked summers at the family business doing tedious work. I would sit in my chair and think about the task's stupidity. I would think of ways to make it faster. One day my uncle approached me to check on the progress. I explained to him some half-baked bright idea.

he looked me square in the face and said "Better get on that idea, then"

all this to say you are welcome to take the initiative and create a GDT if you don't like the content
In general this board gets little traffic and the posters here while not large in numbers really know Hockey. Some here are Canadians. The depth of the posts increase as the team wins but the quality tends to waiver…the gurus here that teach me so much are on a different level…don’t take it personal.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
FYI Watching Denis Potvin on FLA CATNIP on youtube. I really miss him and it’s worth a look he says things that are fresh and interesting on ways the Panthers can continue this success.
Says Echblad is having his finest season of his career. Also he was very concerned about guys putting out too much energy he says “Let the puck do the work and also make sure the shifts do not last too long.
He also said Paul has had time to rework lines and by playoff time really had the lines very well tweaked at playoff time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad