GDT: Panthers@Oilers - 8PM - Nice kitty…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The first 2 goals that went in on Picks would have gone in on Skinner too probably. Probably Bob too if the panthers would so kindly completely break down and leave the slot wide open.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Pickard definitely didn't make any big time stops the way Bob did on RNH for example.

But unlike Skinner and Campbell I can't be too mad at him for that because he's literally an AHL goalie. We know that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Pickard definitely didn't make any big time stops the way Bob did on RNH for example.

But unlike Skinner and Campbell I can't be too mad at him for that because he's literally an AHL goalie. We know that.
Nah, the stop on wide open Tkachuk just standing there with time, that was easy, not big stop at all....

Florida had more qualtiy chances in that period than Tampa had all game.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Bob also hasn’t seen a quality chance like the first two that went in on Picks.

Nah, the stop on wide open Tkachuk just standing there with time, that was easy, not big stop at all....

Florida had more qualtiy chances in that period than Tampa had all game.
Was Pickard set? Or did he have to move before that shot. Makes a big difference if your rating danger.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Which is so frustrating and stupid. Every team is going to have one of those games, and it shouldn't make you fall into a depressed slumber.
No it isn't hard to understand. Its fatal when a team plays its best possible game, and knows it did, and knows it wasn't enough to get a crucial win. Those are severe gut punch games. Its why is so inportant you get some stops when you're outplaying the opponent by miles (Tampa game)

Reactions: rboomercat90

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Has Matcherin called for Pickard to pull a groin yet?
Lol. In fairness he did take it back.

No it isn't hard to understand. Its fatal when a team plays its best possible game, and knows it did, and knows it wasn't enough to get a crucial win. Those are severe gut punch games. Its why is so inportant you get some stops when you're outplaying the opponent by miles (Tampa game)

Was wondering when Skinner was going to be somehow blamed for this game he’s not even on the ice for.

Reactions: oobga

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Bob also hasn’t seen a quality chance like the first two that went in on Picks.

Was Pickard set? Or did he have to move before that shot. Makes a big difference if your rating danger.
Pickard came out on it and sealed it off. Something that Skinner unfortunately does not do. Pickard came totally out of the crease to negate the chance. Solid play.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I swear it seems like the D move across the line with the puck UNTIL their shot is going to get blocked and then shoot.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Lol. In fairness he did take it back.
I'm not watching the game I'm at a party. You tell me how he's played? Him or Mr piggy ain't cutting it. Also, sounds like our Cs had no desire to backcheck piggy also had easy games. Barely any ten bell chances against

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
If that’s all it takes after an 8 game win streak to destroy them then missing the playoffs is definitely a somewhat deserved outcome.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pickard came out on it and sealed it off. Something that Skinner unfortunately does not do. Pickard came totally out of the crease to negate the chance. Solid play.

Disagree. Skinner gets sent for stand still shots plenty. It’s literally the only thing that made him a .914 goalie last year since we knew laterally he ain’t doing much.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I do expect that you need to play a pretty close to perfect defensive game when you are depending on an AHL goalie. We haven't come close, obviously. Wonder if Holland actually can find a good goalie to go with Skinner. I really don't have my hopes up at all.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don't be a dick
I’m not.

What happened the whole Be A Pro though? That we all just commended Coffey for being tough on the team? So now that goes out the window and they are justified in just blaming Skinner for their piss poor performance this game?

Doesn’t seem very logical to hold both views.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think this team is a fairly fragile team yet.. they still get quite low when things dont go well and the negativity can feed on itself.

I can easily see this team go on winning streaks followed by fairly long losing streaks all season long.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not watching the game I'm at a party. You tell me how he's played? Him or Mr piggy ain't cutting it. Also, sounds like our Cs had no desire to backcheck piggy also had easy games. Barely any ten bell chances against

Nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad