GDT: Panthers@Oilers - 8PM - Nice kitty…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I do expect that you need to play a pretty close to perfect defensive game when you are depending on an AHL goalie. We haven't come close, obviously. Wonder if Holland actually can find a good goalie to go with Skinner. I really don't have my hopes up at all.
They are not even playing pretty close to perfect, they have been outworked, full of gaps defensively and just basically the second best team in all respects.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I’m not.

What happened the whole Be A Pro though? That we all just commended Coffey for being tough on the team? So now that goes out the window and they are justified in just blaming Skinner for their piss poor performance this game?

Doesn’t seem very logical to hold both views.
Teams are human and a disastrous loss like that would impact most clubs. Just what it is. Oilers knew they had a horrendous stretch of tough games coming up, they knew they dearly wanted the Tampa game and needed it. They did everything POSSIBLE to get it but somebody threw the two pts away. I know that bothers you to hear it.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Every time ceci touches the puck, the play dies. Not upgrading this guy is going to cost us a playoff spot, maybe even a cup in the mcdrai era, and our ability to retain our superstars

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Of course, we are losing 3-0 to Florida, and Calgary is up 2-0 against Tampa Bay. Guess Tampa used all it's effort against us and decided to just say "f*** it" with Calgary.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Teams are human and a disastrous loss like that would impact most clubs. Just what it is. Oilers knew they had a horrendous stretch of tough games coming up, they knew they dearly wanted the Tampa game and needed it. They did everything POSSIBLE to get it but somebody threw the two pts away. I know that bothers you to hear it.

But they should be pros and overcome it. Should they not? What they can’t get over one loss. How many losses you think these guys have seen in their lives? Probably over a 1000. I don’t agree with your take and I think you’re stretching to find a way to blame skinner.

But agree to disagree cause I know you won’t be letting this go.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Reminds me of earlier in the season with this enough shots and we should have won mentality, better snap out of it quick, that road trip won't be easy.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
But they should be pros and overcome it. Should they not? What they can’t get over one loss. How many losses you think these guys have seen in their lives? Probably over a 1000. I don’t agree with your take and I think you’re stretching to find a way to blame skinner.

But agree to disagree cause I know you won’t be letting this go.
I don't have to convince you of anything. look at the team out there tonight. Their confidence is suddenly shot and having trouble defending, making plays. Thats how momentum can turn. We know who turned it. We know who completely erased the win streak and mojo the team was riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad