GDT: PANTHERS @ HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Some stupid shit being posted in here right now. It will be interesting to see how much of it is due to frustration and if the posters have a more rational take tomorrow.
100% frustration of course. A different tune in here if we won. Still not as bad as last years Game 7 debacle, if that makes anyone feel better...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well, its not good and I think the embarrassment is more the "how" we lost (or how we couldnt win) 2 home games and go into an 0-2 hole. Close game or blowout, people have a right to not be happy.

My thing is, they're blowing another opportunity that isn't guaranteed to be around next year. Last year they in my opinion should have gone to the Finals. They likely would not have beaten the Avalanche but they would have been on the big stage. But they f***ed around on the road and found out.

Grinding through 82 games across 6 months and then having to grind through the Islanders and Devils series only to be down 0-2 going to Florida is more of a "here we go again" feeling. How much longer can they go before complacency sets in?

I guess if there's one bright spot is there's some prospects to get excited about once UFA Armageddon gets here. Whether they pan out remains to be seen, but usually contenders have nothing in the stockpile.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Being embarrassed about losing 2 games in OT is a hell of a choice. Like get a f***ing grip guys and gals.
In my case I'm not at all embarrassed. That would be the case of both games had been mirror images of game 7 vs New York from last year.

Frustrated is another matter. Especially since the same mistake has ended up in the back of the net 3 times and has led to the vast majority of their offensive zone chances even when it hasn't.

This is still winnable if they clean that up, but that needs to be done immediately.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yes I did.

And you were too much of a f***ing coward to respond. Which has been noted.

A "coward" because I didn't respond to your Pejorative Slured demand for trade assets?

While you were sucking your buddies dicks after 9/11- I was in The Show. Where were you at?

Gentlemen, I’d recommend you to cease this discussion.

For the Greater Good and whatnot.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
WELL, SOME GAMES ARE HAPPY
AND SOME GAMES ARE SAD
SOME GAMES ARE REALLY WELL REHEARSED (just kidding or am I?
AND OTHER GAMES ARE JUST BAD
WELL, SOME GAMES MAKE YOU ANGRY
AND SOME SONGS ARE SWEET
SOME GAMES HELP YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING
WELL, HERE'S A LITTLE PIECE TO HELP YOU GO BACK TO SLEEP

THERE ISN'T ANY ROD AND WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'RE JUST DEAD
AND STANLEY CUP IS JUST A FAIRYTALE TO PUT YOU TO THE BED
SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT THE CHANCE THAT I'M WRONG
AND THEN I CLOSE MY EYES AND JUST REMEMBER THIS SONG
I SAID THERE ISN'T ANY ROD AND WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'RE JUST DEAD
THERE AIN'T NOBODY WATCHING US 'CAUSE GARY DOESN’T CARE
AND IN THE END, WE'RE WINNING ALL ALONE

IF I COULD WIN FOREVER
I'D DO IT IF I COULD
LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND, EVERYTHING THAT I'VE DONE
IT'S JUST AS BAD AS IF IT NEVER BEGUN
AND IF I WAS A BELIEVER
AND ROD KNOWS I'VE TRIED
WELL, I COULD BE AT PEACE WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES
AND I COULD GO TO HEAVEN ON THE DAY THAT I DIE

GOALS DON'T MATTER 'CAUSE YOU DIE IN THE END
AND MONEY DON'T MATTER 'CAUSE YOU DIE IN THE END
AND LUCK DON'T MATTER 'CAUSE YOU DIE IN THE END
BUT IT'S REALLY NEVER OVER, NO, IT'S REALLY NEVER OVER

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
My thing is, they're blowing another opportunity that isn't guaranteed to be around next year. Last year they in my opinion should have gone to the Finals. They likely would not have beaten the Avalanche but they would have been on the big stage. But they f***ed around on the road and found out.

Grinding through 82 games across 6 months and then having to grind through the Islanders and Devils series only to be down 0-2 going to Florida is more of a "here we go again" feeling. How much longer can they go before complacency sets in?

I guess if there's one bright spot is there's some prospects to get excited about once UFA Armageddon gets here. Whether they pan out remains to be seen, but usually contenders have nothing in the stockpile.
Most of us are passionate fans. Everyone handles these situations different. Im livid right now but I know that we have to find a way to win Monday or its curtains for real. Remember when the Habs took the first 2 in Raleigh in 2006? Youre right. These opportunities are not a guarantee each year and its maddening to flame out offensively the way we are doing it. I would check for a pulse if any Canes fan wasnt at least a little pissed.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA

I'm glad you are optimistic about a college player that's decided he is pursuing his education and a KHL player that could be a millionaire but decided to play for a national owned team in a country that seems to be at war against the western world. I'm excited about both players but a bit more pessimistic we'll ever see them.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
In my case I'm not at all embarrassed. That would be the case of both games had been mirror images of game 7 vs New York from last year.

Frustrated is another matter. Especially since the same mistake has ended up in the back of the net 3 times and has led to the vast majority of their offensive zone chances even when it hasn't.

This is still winnable if they clean that up, but that needs to be done immediately.
It ain't gonna resolve itself in 2 days

At the end of the day we are running up against a team that can hold its own on the forecheck with us and actually had scoring ability. We can't match that. We don't have anyone who can create a chance out of nothing at the level that Florida has and they are able to do everything we can in terms of grinding and defensive play. And they have a far, far superior talent in net.

We are f***ed. Barring a complete mental collapse on Florida's part, our season is over. At this point the only questions to ask is how do we learn from this and improve this summer

There are some strong worries about the makeup of this team. Our offense sucks. Our top lines are abysmal, and that's absolutely destroying us. Patches ain't the fix, you cannot rely on a guy who has played half a season over the last 2 in order to be the guy to fix everything. We need to shake it up, we need to find an elite talent to complement our defense or this core will absolutely go to waste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad