GDT: PANTHERS @ HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My heart is broken for this loss. At the same time, get the **** out of here with the talk of rebuilding the team. The Canes are outplaying the Panthers. We look damn good out there. Bob is playing better than Sorokin and the Panthers are a damn good team. I'm proud of the effort. Both of these games the Canes played extremely, extremely well. It's weird because the Panthers just feel like they are destined to win it all, and that's about 75% because of Bob.
We're out generating them when we get the puck in the offensive zone. But we are cheating the zone exit like crazy and it's the #1 reason we're down 2-0. We knew the Panthers were going to try and force chaos in the offensive zone and they have. But sometimes you have to out will the other guy and just clear the f***ing zone at the line and we're not doing that.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
2009 and 2019 were situations where getting swept in the conference finals wasn't great but it wasn't the worst outcome because they got there.

This is going to be an embarrassment if they're swept again. It should be the wake-up call that gets the front office to understand that depth scoring is important and settling for Poolparty at the deadline isn't a winning strategy.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
2009 and 2019 were situations where getting swept in the conference finals wasn't great but it wasn't the worst outcome because they got there.

This is going to be an embarrassment if they're swept again. It should be the wake-up call that gets the front office to understand that depth scoring is important and settling for Poolparty at the deadline isn't a winning strategy.
I disagree, the injuries we’ve had would sink any team.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

the overhyped need for trade deadline acquisitions arent the issue.

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Yeah healthy Svech and Patches are 100% easily the difference in these 2 games. We’d be up 2-0 right now without any doubt in my mind.

I mean I can't be mad about the outcome so far knowing this. It is what it is. Florida is completely healthy with a goal tender on the heater of his career. Teams got goalied when we won in 06. Shit happens.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
as long as we all agree to whine obsessively for the next 2 decades, if we do lose, about how Florida didnt deserve their chance because we would have won without injuries like Sabres fans, I am good.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Meh. Difference between these two teams is razor thin through 10 periods. Come back or go home.

Once they couldn't score for 50-something minutes tonight it felt like a loss was coming. Really don't like that call on kk, but it is what it is.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I hate to say it but before this series we havent really missed TT or Svech the penalty machine. We could use their offense if they had any to offer, but that is suspect even when they are healthy. Id give anything to have a healthy Patches though.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
More than effectiveness it seems to affect their effort. Like they know it’s a lost cause. Occasionally it works out ok but most often not.

While Necas has his own problems, and who knows how TT is, it almost forces them both to play a Jordan Staal game. And that’s doesn’t work for them.

I’d switch Jordan and KK for Game 3. Go back to the line that worked all year.

Reactions: baconandbread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad