GDT: PANTHERS @ HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The injuries aren’t even the problem (they’d be nice to have, but whatever). The problem is the guys we need to step up offensively (Aho, Burns, Necas, TT, KK) aren’t doing anything.

That’s what pisses me off. We’re down 0-2 with 2 losses in OT because our “stars” are all on milk cartons. Meanwhile, their stars are stepping up when needed. It’s the only difference. Tired of hearing about Bob too, Andersen/Raanta have been just as good.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Yea, we'll be lucky to take this to 5 games...feels like another ECF sweep...f***ing embarrassing
This.

(1) Also, I still don't think Drury's goal should've been overturned based on the video replay we saw. It was not clear the puck went completely out of the offensive zone (the announcers even said as much). Thus, the call on the ice should've stood. It's also amazing that despite the ambiguity, Toronto was so quick to overturn our goal. Whereas the offsides goal took so long to overturn against Florida despite it being so clearly offsides.

(2) Why the f*** did the refs finally decide to find and use their whistle in OT? They let so many things go uncalled in the 3rd period, but I guess they wanted the game to end ASAP and not have a repeat of game 1. I knew Florida would eventually score on a PP against us; sure enough it was an OT PPG.

(3) We are not winning the next 2 games. Sorry. I'll be VERY surprised.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The injuries aren’t even the problem (they’d be nice to have, but whatever). The problem is the guys we need to step up offensively (Aho, Burns, Necas, TT, KK) aren’t doing anything.

That’s what pisses me off. We’re down 0-2 with 2 losses in OT because our “stars” are all on milk cartons. Meanwhile, their stars are stepping up when needed. It’s the only difference. Tired of hearing about Bob too, Andersen/Raanta have been just as good.

The injuries in this specific series are, though. The 2 players we have (had) that were game breakers against a physical, net collapsing team with a hot goalie would be Svech and Patches.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Well that sucked. Bob aside:

Fl’s C’s are totally outplaying ours and their top line is winning games.

They are also beating us at our own game by winning most board battles and are easily getting the puck out of the d zone.

Necas and Aho are not rising to the occasion too and that hurts with Svetch and Patches out.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I disagree, the injuries we’ve had would sink any team.
But that's part of the point. Svech aside we knew we needed more scoring depth due to Patches injury and a second ppqb.

Instead we go out and broker for Edmonton taking on Poolparty to allow them to get Ekholm. And while we do get the ppqb we don't get any retention with Arizona instead being able to broker Kane for the Rangers with that retention slot.

Even Toffoli would have been a huge help but we left ourselves without any room to make an addition like that. 50% retention on Ghost and that's no problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad