Post-Game Talk: PANIC GDT: Flyers at Kings | December 31, 2022 | 4:00 PM Real Time

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Would swapping Hayes for Laine be a doable deal? The dollars are close over the whole contracts. Columbus seems to be finished with Laine and Torts has had some experience with him.
How did Laine like playing for Torts and vice versa?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
How did Laine like playing for Torts and vice versa?
I don’t think that they exchanged Christmas cards. However, when healthy, Laine’s overall play improved under Torts but the two had their moments. Laine did better on the ice than Hayes is doing now here. Laine would give the PP a boost. The guy has more skills than Hayes. If he ever decides to use them all he’d be a heck of a player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t think that they exchanged Christmas cards. However, when healthy, Laine’s overall play improved under Torts but the two had their moments. Laine did better on the ice than Hayes is doing now here. Laine would give the PP a boost. The guy has more skills than Hayes. If he ever decides to use them all he’d be a heck of a player.
At this point in his career, you have to question whether Laine will ever play up to his talent, now that he got paid.

He's scored 29 ES goals in his last 87 games, yet was -15 over that stretch, you could call that a fluke except he's always leaked goals.
In his last 5 seasons, after a good start to his career, he's scored 72 ES goals in 273 games but is -59.
He's got a cap hit of $8.7M.

However, CBJ wouldn't want Hayes, they're tanking for Bedard at this point, they'd want draft picks or prospects.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
CBJ started rebuilding 3 years ago,and instead of sticking with the plan, signed JG and Gudbranson for a playoff run, and are now tied with Anaheim with the second worst record - and it wasn't a tank by design.
Their eight top scorers, one is 33, 30, and two are 29.

Yeah, I'd say he's as bad as Fletcher, but may turn out to be luckier (accidentally collapse the team a year with a loaded draft).

they didn't sign JG and gudbranson for a PO run. JG fell into their laps and they signed him mid-rebuild/retool. like NYR did with panarin back in 2019. and gudbranson is not going to help anyone make playoffs.

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I would trade Hayes for a practice pylon, so anyone in the league would do!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad