Post-Game Talk: PANIC GDT: Flyers at Kings | December 31, 2022 | 4:00 PM Real Time

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some of you don't understand how a winning culture is built.
I won two games of Solo Warzone today so I think I know a thing or two about becoming a champion, thank you very much.

I can tell you from experience and my view from the top of the mountain, a key component to winning is having children scream slurs at you in every deathcom.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
I won two games of Solo Warzone today so I think I know a thing or two about becoming a champion, thank you very much.

I can tell you from experience and my view from the top of the mountain, a key component to winning is having children scream slurs at you in every deathcom.
I am not a child nor was i screaming lol

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I hate this f***ing team more than any other team ever in any sport and that's no joke. With renewed hope I check to see if they got embarrassed every single night. At least with those Pens/Rangers/Patriots/Cowboys/Braves/Raptors/Celtics etc teams of years past I just check the score with no real emotion and am just "glad" to see them lose. This is way different

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Again, a bad result for sure but Tippet might turn out to be something very decent indeed!! But we still must aim for the bottom 3 for sure this year.....

Reactions: BernieParent

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Again, a bad result for sure but Tippet might turn out to be something very decent indeed!! But we still must aim for the bottom 3 for sure this year.....

He’s a good player. Nothing foundational or an all star. Prob better traded in the next year or so than on the roster unfortunately

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
He’s a good player. Nothing foundational or an all star. Prob better traded in the next year or so than on the roster unfortunately
If he continues on this pace, he will be much better then most were willing to give him credit for....perhaps a 25 goal 50 point player...and he is young....could fit in with our rebuild...

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So, as usual, none of you watched the game?

Risto had a great sequence on the PK that sealed the win, 3 blocked shots, a hit on Kopitar that separated him from the puck, basically stymied the Kings singlehandedly while Cates scored the game winner.

They only beat the hottest team in the NHL (6-0-1) on their home ice.

Are they a good team? Nah. But they're showing flashes and playing more consistently. And are becoming a team with structure which is a better environment to add talented prospects.

And yes, Tippett, the player Fletcher was snookered into taking, has 11 goals in 31 games. He's not going to win a hockey IQ test, but he's not "dumb and dumber". Has a great skill set, as he gets experience and confidence, could become a top six winger. It's hard to find his combination of strength, speed, puck handling and a plus wrist shot. Certainly worth a little patience.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
If he continues on this pace, he will be much better then most were willing to give him credit for....perhaps a 25 goal 50 point player...and he is young....could fit in with our rebuild...

I like Owen, but he’s about to turn 24 next month and we are a long ways away. I thought we shoulda traded Laughton tbf, but it sounds like Scott’s personality actually really might be needed during this Comcast BS era. I’m not joking

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
And yes, Tippett, the player Fletcher was snookered into taking, has 11 goals in 31 games. He's not going to win a hockey IQ test, but he's not "dumb and dumber". Has a great skill set, as he gets experience and confidence, could become a top six winger. It's hard to find his combination of strength, speed, puck handling and a plus wrist shot. Certainly worth a little patience.

So he MAY be a useful but replaceable piece at 24 years old and already on his 2nd contract. This isn’t praise, deady. It’s an example of hard-capping the upside of your potential wins through self-inflicted mistakes. If everything breaks well, you’ll have to pay him by the time those pieces matter much.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So he MAY be a useful but replaceable piece at 24 years old and already on his 2nd contract. This isn’t praise, deady. It’s an example of hard-capping the upside of your potential wins through self-inflicted mistakes. If everything breaks well, you’ll have to pay him by the time those pieces matter much.

But they beat Rochester and also they beat the hottest team in the NHL (6-0-1) on their home ice, so I don't really know what's the point of your pessimism, just look at the standings and enjoy the ride just like Tippet does.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They are headed right where they want. Out of the Lottery and out of the playoffs. Though they will spin at as massive improvement. They will mention injuries. The foundation has been laid type of nonsense. Over hype Cutter.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad