Value of: Panic: Elias Pettersson Trade Offers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To New Jersey: Pettersson, Hughes

To Vancouver: Hischier, Mercer, Holtz, Smith, Johnsson

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So if these are the best offers, the Canucks are fine keeping Petey.

Pettersson for Sieder and a protected 1st

No thank you.

1 for 1 for elite sniper Milan Lucic

Hilarious, but at least we know you're kidding.

fiala, greenway + 1st

Not even close. Add in Brodin and some how make him right handed.

One broken Jack Eichel

If he was fixed up, and came with some retention or other consideration for the cap difference. Sure.

GTFO. Seider is going to retire a Red Wing.

You can have Hronek, Zadina and a 2nd for EP40 and you will like it.

That is simply awful. A small, ineffective puck moving D, Zadina, who I don't even want to comment on, and a second...I mean...Awful.

This is also awful.

Newhook + Girard + Compher

Newhook and a cap dump, and what would be our fourth roster puck moving LHD? This is probably seen as a valuable return, but it does very little for the Canucks.

Lafreniere+Lundkvist.

Lafreniere is a good start, but we're discussing his value being pinned to a non-linear development, I'd rather just hold on to Petey. Lundkvist doesn't really do much for us either, as aside from being right handed, all his skills are redundant to us.

Studnicka, 2021 1st, 2022 1st,
Moore (cap), Wagner(cap)

Doesn't get it done though, I'm aware!

I'm glad you realize it. It's not even the worst offer here, but nothing about is it interesting for us. Something involving Carlo and Hall for Pettersson, or Pastrnak for Pettersson+ would be where I'd want to start, which is making a bigger hole for Boston then it fills.

Larkin + Fabbri? I don't know. Detroit has drafted a lot of young swedes now so for some reason it seems like a logical destination.

Larkin's always interesting, but we're downgrading to get a player that plays a position we don't need.

Another Hughes to New Jersey trade...Also no.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

vancouver doesn't want to sell hughes, so keep him out of this thread. and while we are at it, keep new jersey out as well.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Zadina, that dude is so disappointing. I thought he’d be a good player when drafted. He’s so meh. JAG

Seider is a totally different animal. Like Byram, he’d be untouchable if I’m the red wings GM.

the red wings whiffed on Zadina at 6th OA. But likely hit a homer with Seider in same draft slot a year later.

Last edited:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I dont see how a trade can be made that benefits both team. One team would have to loose in this situation. EP value is very high imo, if he did have to go id imagine Nucks wouldnt be the one on the winning end.

I dont even want to try embarrass myself with an offer. Id imagine ask from Rangers would be Laf+ though

Or trade the hughes bros for him :naughty:;)
That would be fitting. First the Sedin brothers were the cornerstone of this franchise for over a decade and now another set of brothers could be it for the next 10+ years.

I see it!

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
That would be fitting. First the Sedin brothers were the cornerstone of this franchise for over a decade and now another set of brothers could be it for the next 10+ years.

I see it!

i see an idoit idea ... not calling you that, but the idea that having a bunch of huges brothers will be like the Sedins.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess this thread really is full of joke offers.

Weird, I'm no Avs/Canucks fan but I thought this was the best offer I have ever seen for Elias Pettersson. I'm not saying they should do that or not but

Newhook is going to be one of the best players from the 2019 class
Girard is already an excellent Top-4 PMD
Compher is a pretty good support forward

Only problem I see is Canucks would have to flip Girard since he's not what they need with having Hughes already (or trade Hughes to NJ lol)

Reactions: Linds and Muffin

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

Haha, he is from Germany. The Red Wings is nothing, and will never be, more than an employer for him. He will retire in Germany, and probably play for a couple of NHL teams before he moves back. Enjoy him as long as you can.

… but I would not trade Seider for EP at the moment. Seider seems to be the real deal.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
What's really funny is your ability to conveniently forget your 99 point forward and his 2nd 3rd and 4th season where he was nowhere near a 90 point player, is it not possible that EP is progressing, learning and developing the same way, and just because our team as a whole sucks, doesn't mean we should take dogshit offers seriously from pundits like you?
Yeah Mackinnon turned into a 100 point player in his D+5 year

The same year Pettersson is in now. So if you want to keep this bad analogy up EP needs to score 97 points this season.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yeah Mackinnon turned into a 100 point player in his D+5 year

The same year Pettersson is in now. So if you want to keep this bad analogy up EP needs to score 97 points this season.

upload_2021-10-30_11-16-18.gif

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Don't bother, they're quite the delusional bunch and there's no point reasoning with them.

What I've learned in this thread:
-Girard, Newhook and Compher is a joke offer even though Buffalo fans would be happy with that return for Eichel.
-Compher is a cap dump even though he's outscoring Pettersson this year for less than half the price.
-Pettersson is going to break out and score at least 90 points this year even though he was on a 66 points pace last year and is off to a bad start again.
-Colorado is a dog**** team even though they won the President's trophy and made the second round three years in a row.

I'm sorry if I offended any Vancouver fans, please don't go out and riot. Thank you.

1. No a redundant Dman (to us) a good prospect (not great) and a redundant forward (to us) is not enough for our #1C, not sure how you don't understand that, unless your being intentionally obtuse.

2. Pettersson missed training camp and was injured most of last year, maybe that's why he's having a slow start?......wow

3. Has anyone actually said he is going to score 90+ points this year? Or just that were willing to bet he turns it around and eventually becomes that player?

4. Anyone saying the Av's are a dogshit team is stupid and should be igored they are clearly one of the best young teams in the league.

You didn't offend anyone bud, your just mad because Canucks fans aren't willing to take a crap offer for one of our best players, just like you know, when Mackinnon was struggling and your fanbase wasn't willing to take crap offers for him?

Before your make another cheapshot joke about rioting maybe, tell yourself to grow up, because really it's childish.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
1. No a redundant Dman (to us) a good prospect (not great) and a redundant forward (to us) is not enough for our #1C, not sure how you don't understand that, unless your being intentionally obtuse.

2. Pettersson missed training camp and was injured most of last year, maybe that's why he's having a slow start?......wow

3. Has anyone actually said he is going to score 90+ points this year? Or just that were willing to bet he turns it around and eventually becomes that player?

4. Anyone saying the Av's are a dogshit team is stupid and should be igored they are clearly one of the best young teams in the league.

You didn't offend anyone bud, your just mad because Canucks fans aren't willing to take a crap offer for one of our best players, just like you know, when Mackinnon was struggling and your fanbase wasn't willing to take crap offers for him?

Before your make another cheapshot joke about rioting maybe, tell yourself to grow up, because really it's childish.
No one is going to pay for what Pettersson could be, feels like all Canucks fans are missing the point of the thread. Read the title and OP please.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Don't bother, they're quite the delusional bunch and there's no point reasoning with them.

What I've learned in this thread:
-Girard, Newhook and Compher is a joke offer even though Buffalo fans would be happy with that return for Eichel.
-Compher is a cap dump even though he's outscoring Pettersson this year for less than half the price.
-Pettersson is going to break out and score at least 90 points this year even though he was on a 66 points pace last year and is off to a bad start again.
-Colorado is a dog**** team even though they won the President's trophy and made the second round three years in a row.

We're delusional and unreasonable, and you've offered a third line forward, a puck moving D and a center prospect we can hope is as good as Pettersson in the years to come, for one of our best players?

Then go get Eichel with your dog fart of an offer. The situations are no where near comparable in Buffalo and Vancouver.
Garland is out scoring Mackinnon, so what are you adding to get Garland?
Yup. That's hard to justify as a stance at the moment. 1/4 on your points.
Canucks had some President's trophies back a decade ago, how'd that work out for them? They also got to the second round three years in a row, and...that's the end goal?

Also, you were quick to delete this, but others quoting you caught it. Delusional and unreasonable, you say? Stay classy:

I'm sorry if I offended any Vancouver fans, please don't go out and riot. Thank you.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
If you're trading him you're going to be asking for the return of a ~70-80 point dynamic young #1C.

If you're acquiring him you're going to want to pay the price of the ~60 point C with talent but question marks, that he's been this season and last.

Neither side is being unreasonable. I just don't think a trade happens for that reason.

Eichel would be an interesting option I guess.

Reactions: Cogburn

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
So that offer is good for a 99 points forward? It might for a 66. It’s funny how apparently Vancouver is full of stars yet their team is dog**** still somehow.

Maybe it’s a good thing they can’t go on a run so they can’t accidentally burn down their city again.
Burnt down Vancouver is still much nicer to live than anywhere in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad