Value of: Panarin's next contract.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He put up 77 points last year assuming he does that again and I see no reason why he won't what's he looking at? Would 7 million be in the ballpark? I can't envision a situation where the Hawks don't move heaven and earth to get Panarin done but what's it going to cost?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Tarasenko got 7.5 x 8.

Panarin will get something similar.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
6.5 -7 depending on how he does this season. I highly doubt it will be with another club as well. It is a miracle Chi has managed to deal with their Cap nightmare this long and stay competitive. It can't keep up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Make sure he can still put up big numbers away from Kane before you throw a huge contract at the kid.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
He is going to resign with Blackhawks, I don't think there are many other teams he would sign. Maybe Capitals and Blues, but they won't have room for him, won't pay the price and Bowman isn't going to give Panarin a chance to play against Hawks at least 5 times a year. So count them out.

And the fact how Bowman is handling the cap this offseason, it seems that he is letting some extra space for bonus overages so they wouldn't affect in next years cap.

If Bowman is going to trade Panarin, I'm not sure that he want's to play in every team in NHL. I am just speculating, but I could see him going back to KHL.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
6.5 -7 depending on how he does this season. I highly doubt it will be with another club as well. It is a miracle Chi has managed to deal with their Cap nightmare this long and stay competitive. It can't keep up.

All they can do now to fill holes is make new holes elsewhere. As badly as they need Panarin himself, the last thing they need is another high contract. Ain't no more Shaws and Teravainens and Sharps and Leddys to sell off for space.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
He is going to resign with Blackhawks, I don't think there are many other teams he would sign. Maybe Capitals and Blues, but they won't have room for him, won't pay the price and Bowman isn't going to give Panarin a chance to play against Hawks at least 5 times a year. So count them out.

And the fact how Bowman is handling the cap this offseason, it seems that he is letting some extra space for bonus overages so they wouldn't affect in next years cap.

If Bowman is going to trade Panarin, I'm not sure that he want's to play in every team in NHL. I am just speculating, but I could see him going back to KHL.

The chances he signs with the Hawks is slim. He is going to put up big numbers again and will be looking for Tarasenko level numbers. Hawks will be hard pressed to fit him in without further diluting their already weakened team.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013

This was what I was thinking. Other than maybe Blues or Caps I don't see why he would be interested in any other team, and if Bowman won't pay him, he could just go back to the KHL.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
The chances he signs with the Hawks is slim. He is going to put up big numbers again and will be looking for Tarasenko level numbers. Hawks will be hard pressed to fit him in without further diluting their already weakened team.

Would Hossa accept a trade to somewhere like Phoenix? Starting 2017-18, he makes only $1M per with a cap hit of $5.275M. Could be attractive for certain teams, but he does have a NMC (and if he retires, the Hawks are screwed).

That would probably be the best case scenario for Chicago...Panarin would basically take Hossa's pay slot.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site

This was what I was thinking. Other than maybe Blues or Caps I don't see why he would be interested in any other team, and if Bowman won't pay him, he could just go back to the KHL.

Lol...you assume he wants to win. This is a business. He wants to make money. He will go where ever he gets traded and sign a big long term deal. He isn't going back to the KHL anytime soon. The lifestyle of an NHL player is far greater than any player in the KHL.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Would Hossa accept a trade to somewhere like Phoenix? Starting 2017-18, he makes only $1M per with a cap hit of $5.275M. Could be attractive for certain teams, but he does have a NMC (and if he retires, the Hawks are screwed).

That would probably be the best case scenario for Chicago...Panarin would basically take Hossa's pay slot.

Can't trade Hossa to Phoenix until after he is inducted into the Hall of Fame....

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site

Maybe. But what would Chicago have to give up to trade him? They do not have any blue chip prospects to trade with him to move the contract. Plus let's face it...The chances Hossa retires when his salary dips to 1m is pretty high. That was the original intent of dropping the contract down. To pad the cap. Hawks are going to get burned

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Monahan got 6.4.

Panarin is definitely more valuable than him and less valuable than Tarasenko. Unless he breaks 80 this year, then CHI will make a killing in the trade.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If he puts up 75-80 points again this year, I imagine his price would have to start at 7M per season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
He would be good value for a team trying to get to the Floor. IE only pay him 1 mil and get a 5.5 AV on his cap hit. My guess is Crawford and Kruger get moved before Hossa. But Hossa might in a year or 2.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He would be good value for a team trying to get to the Floor. IE only pay him 1 mil and get a 5.5 AV on his cap hit. My guess is Crawford and Kruger get moved before Hossa. But Hossa might in a year or 2.

Kruger I could see not Crawford though, he's part of the core.

Mad Brills*

I'd hesistate for 7+ simply because he isn't tarasenko, who carries his team.

Panarin's very good but has he carried a line?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Monahan got 6.4.

Panarin is definitely more valuable than him and less valuable than Tarasenko. Unless he breaks 80 this year, then CHI will make a killing in the trade.

And this is somewhat crazy, because I would never ever ever take Panarin before Monahan, if I would build a team as a GM.

Panarin has just ride to inflated stats with the Art Ross guy, and if he will get another season of that same feed, he is gonna be an horrible salary anchor with his next contract whichever team he is gonna play.

Chicago should split the lines at next season. Put Kane on his own line and Panarin on his own. Then we would see more truth of his real scoring ability.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

It's hard to carry a line with Kane on it....but I'd still say yes, he can carry a line. Panarin is the real deal.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

He was absolutely able to produce offence on his own without Kane's help. They make each other better, but neither depends on the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad