Value of: Panarin's next contract.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Group Chat Legend*

He'll make $6 million or less. No way he'll be making more than the likes of Hall, Forsberg, Pavelski, Couture, etc.

You didnt hear? The guy is the #3-4 LW in the league already. All you need is one season next to the best player in the league last year and you get crowned top 5.

Consistency < one season

Duh

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Hossa can just say he has vertigo. With the concussions he had, it's plausible and it's not like it's something that would be easy to disprove.

If he does it that way, instead of retiring, he still gets paid the balance of his contract, to boot, so Hossa does have a financial incentive to play an injury game that benefits the hawks as a byproduct.

I'm sure Bettman wouldn't like that, but it's not clear to me he can do anything to stop it.

Hossa: I'm dizzy on the ice
Doctor: He says he's dizzy on the ice
Bettman: That's convenient. I don't believe it.
Doctor: What do you want me to do about it? He says he's dizzy and I can't tell you he's not.

Challenging something like this is a surefire way for the NHL to get a ton of bad press. It's also something that could be used against them in any future class-action concussion lawsuit.

Why would the Chicago front office put their entire life's work on the line for a few years of cap space? Why would Hossa?

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
People talk about how Panarin benefited so much from playing with Kane, but the opposite case can easily be made. Before Panarin... Kane averaged (pretty consistently, mind you) around 30G and 80P per 82 games played. Panarin shows up on his line and suddenly Kane puts up 46G and 106P and wins the Hart Trophy.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
People talk about how Panarin benefited so much from playing with Kane, but the opposite case can easily be made. Before Panarin... Kane averaged (pretty consistently, mind you) around 30G and 80P per 82 games played. Panarin shows up on his line and suddenly Kane puts up 46G and 106P and wins the Hart Trophy.

I mean, Kane's 18% Psh% and 16% Osh% certainly helped.

Having a legit 2C certainly helped as well.

Before Panarin, his most common LWs were Saad, Sharp and Versteeg. 2 out of those 3 have cases that theyre as good if not better than Panarin.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
6.5 -7 depending on how he does this season. I highly doubt it will be with another club as well. It is a miracle Chi has managed to deal with their Cap nightmare this long and stay competitive. It can't keep up.

Anything over 6 means the Hawks won another Cup and Bread was a huge reason why. And to that I'll say yes, please.

The Hawks core is top three in the league. Bowman will keep plugging parts in around that core and they will still be a Cup contender.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly, I would make sure Panarin doesn't have touch the same ice as Kane if I was coach Q. The Blackhawks will make the playoffs, might as well see if Panarin can handle being a go-to guy and worth his potential price tag. Put him on a line with Toews, as well as the 3rd line to see if he can carry the offense. Put them back together near the playoffs if needed, but I wouldn't do that beforehand unless neccessary.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I mean, Kane's 18% Psh% and 16% Osh% certainly helped.

Having a legit 2C certainly helped as well.

Before Panarin, his most common LWs were Saad, Sharp and Versteeg. 2 out of those 3 have cases that theyre as good if not better than Panarin.

That goal in the playoffs Panarin set up, when he beat Parayko, who's two times bigger than him (alright, alright, not two time, but still much bigger), along the boards, kinda showed, what player Artemi is.

Fighting along the boards isn't his kind of game, but he can do it ok. And he can do even better a lot of other things. He was the best Chicago player in the series vs Blues.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
You didnt hear? The guy is the #3-4 LW in the league already. All you need is one season next to the best player in the league last year and you get crowned top 5.

Consistency < one season

Duh

Tarasenko after one season. Duh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad