Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Have any of the Rangers beat writers asked about Artemi's "non-roster" designation? I know it just dropped like during the Penguins game or something. Personally I just assumed he was quarantining.

Last edited:

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Uh-huh. Not going to start believing much from the sudden onslaught of new Russian Ranger fans on this board. Spare us.
It's not NYR fans it's Panarin fans or just those who follow Russian players in NHL. This topic in General Hockey Discussion was closed pretty quickly so people went here, on NYR board, to find any information or just read what people in America think about it. That's how I got here for example. But you can believe whatever you want. Red Scare is real.

Reactions: Cmox and ViD

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's not NYR fans it's Panarin fans or just those who follow Russian players in NHL. This topic in General Hockey Discussion was closed pretty quickly so people went here, on NYR board, to find any information or just read what people in America think about it. That's how I got here for example. But you can believe whatever you want. Red Scare is real.
upload_2021-3-9_16-9-50.jpeg

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Very funny, you're quite the memester, good sir.
Only I never said that I'm a Rangers fan, I follow the team mostly because of Artemi. Although I've got quite attached to a few other players over those 1.5 years. Like Fox and Lindgren.

What does being in Non-Roster mean? It doesn't seem like it frees any cap space.

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017

If by "read" you mean "vehemently defend Putin" then sure.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean, considering it’s pure western media biased Russian government bashing party here, seeing some people who actually are Russian or live in Russia providing here a different opinion is actually a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Cmox

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
For those with binary thinking maybe it looked like this. For me it just looked like people just tried to refute ridiculous notions that Panarin's life or his family are in danger because of Putin. I did it only in one or two posts I think and then it became obvious that it's pointless. Anyway, I couldn't care less about Putin I just want to know why Artemi still isn't playing and not even on the roster anymore.

Blueshirts777

May 8, 2017
I mean, considering it’s pure western media biased Russian government bashing party here, seeing some people who actually are Russian or live in Russia providing here a different opinion is actually a breath of fresh air.

It's not when a simple response of "he's probably taking time off to care for his family" is met with "There's no reason to, Putin wouldn't do anything and you're all typical brainwashed westerners." I'm sure everything isn't as black and white as it seems but don't take us for complete idiots either.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Non roster this year usually is about covid protocols.

For example

A player held out of action due to COVID-19 protocols can be designated a non-roster player or be placed on injured reserve until he is eligible to return to action following the completion of protocols.

Stars’ coronavirus outbreak complicates the team’s roster management ahead of season

Crosby (COVID-19 protocol) was designated non-roster Tuesday, per CapFriendly.

Crosby was placed in the NHL's COVID-19 protocol earlier Tuesday. He needs to be activated off the non-roster list prior to rejoining the team once he clears the virus protocol. A timetable for his return has yet to be determined.

Penguins' Sidney Crosby: Placed on non-roster list

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
According to a very respectable Russian journalist covering NHL, Panarin is training in one of the Rangers practice arenas and he’s ready to play, but it’s Rangers that don’t activate him.

He says there seems to be a big disagreement between NYR and Panarin that’s NOT related to the Nazarov interview. He says he’s waiting for an official statement but this is not looking good.

Лысенков о Панарине: «Артемий ездит на занятия «Рейнджерс». Настроение обыкновенное. Депрессии не замечено»
I don't know enough about the CBA, but what if it just the matter of Rangers thinking they don't need to pay Panarin his salary for his time during LOA, and that would obviously be a disagreement.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

Teams can lie about basically anything but they aren't allowed to lie about Covid stuff. They have to disclose it if it's covid related.

Plus it been reported by more than one source that he's skating on a regular basis. I'm not sure Covid protocols would allow for that.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Fresh? More like a rotten stench from a graveyard. Anyway, what about Panarin - any news?
There must be some truth behind the accusations if they deny him to play for so long. Should have kept his mouth shut anb not have critisized Putin's regime, huh? It is so easy to manipulate useful idiots in the west after all.

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's not when a simple response of "he's probably taking time off to care for his family" is met with "There's no reason to, Putin wouldn't do anything and you're all typical brainwashed westerners." I'm sure everything isn't as black and white as it seems but don't take us for complete idiots either.

Something tells me Putin has a lot more to deal with and worry about then some random hockey player in NY

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Something tells me Putin has a lot more to deal with and worry about then some random hockey player in NY
It has nothing to do with NY and he is not some random hockey player. I guess you live in USA and has no clue when it comes to Navalny, mass protests, Panarin's criticism of Putins's regime and his uniqueness in that regard? And why Putin has to deal with him if he can delegate this? In fact, that is a pretty trivial situation. Public figures in Russia who speak against Putin's regime have been besmirched and persecuted for decades. Nothing new here, Panarin was wrong if he thought it's safe to crutisize regime from across an ocean. He was mum like a fish in Russia and got too bold in USA. Now it's time to pay.

Last edited:

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I can speculate on what that might be: Rangers don't want Panarin voicing anymore political opinions.

My mind went to something relating to the leave/asking for the leave. Maybe they initially wouldn't grant him time away for whatever reason or some dispute relating to the duration of his absence, and he said I'm doing it anyway. But that doesn't jive with NYR releasing a statement saying they fully support him..but then again what team wouldn't release a message saying they support one of their players (unless there was some overwhelming evidence of something).

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It has nothing to do with NY and he is not some random hockey player. I guess you live in USA and has no clue when it comes to Navalny, mass protests, Panarin's criticism of Putins's regime and his uniqueness in that regard? And why Putin has to deal with him if he can delegate this? In fact, that is a pretty trivial situation. Public figures in Russia who speak against Putin's regime have been besmirched and persecuted for decades. Nothing new here, Panarin was wrong if he thought it's safe to crutisize regime from across an ocean. He was mum like a fish in Russia and got too bold in USA. Now it's time to pay.
Dude, just shut your yup. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad