Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
just the truth. We're a bad team. Beating up on the even worse Devils didn't change that.

Missing our MVP finalist and our only good goalie on top of that? Forget about it.
Agreed the kids are still too young to make an impact on a consistent basis. I Know it's probably an excuse but that is all I got. Some nights they can't even sustain a deent forecheck.
Add on top of that missing our second and third most important players (Shesty might be our second most right behind Fox) you're right forget about it especially after digging ourselves in a bit of a hole earlier in the season.

Reactions: Blueshirt Believer

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Agreed the kids are still too young to make an impact on a consistent basis. I Know it's probably an excuse but that is all I got. Some nights they can't even sustain a deent forecheck.
Add on top of that missing our second and third most important players (Shesty might be our second most right behind Fox) you're right forget about it especially after digging ourselves in a bit of a hole earlier in the season.

As I have a said: if they can stay .500 and (when healthy)go on a bit of tear down the stretch. Especially, if they can play the role of spoiler..

I would say the season was successful...

Also, how do you lure a breadman out of hiding? Fresh butter?

Reactions: bl02

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am confused, what is he doing right now? If he was going back to Russia to take care of his family (bad idea with Putin around) it would make sense... but they are saying he is skating still... so why not play? What is he doing from home? I am so confused about this whole situation. I completely understand worrying about your family but what can he do if he doesn't go there?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I am confused, what is he doing right now? If he was going back to Russia to take care of his family (bad idea with Putin around) it would make sense... but they are saying he is skating still... so why not play? What is he doing from home? I am so confused about this whole situation. I completely understand worrying about your family but what can he do if he doesn't go there?
Nobody seems to know. It’s an odd situation. As far as we can see, someone made up a false story about him in a foreign paper, likely to garner political favor, it was quickly debunked, and now he’s on a leave of absence with no real details as to why. It’s really strange how little people seem to care. He’s really important to the team and makes a ton of money, it’s kind of unprecedented to have the team just let him not play indefinitely and not really say anything about it beyond the first comments.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
They keep saying he's day-to-day as if it is some type of injury. The whole thing is weird.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The odd thing to me is that he is skating... on his own? With the team in practices? Anyone know?

I'm probably reading into things, but whenever DQ or MSG mentions him they always state that he is skating, but isn't "ready yet". Part of me thinks he is pairing this with something injury related because of the way it is communicated.

The other part thinks it has nothing to do with any injury, but it is puzzling-

Why he would stick around and skate but not play?

Maybe there is a specific threat that says if he plays another game, such and such will happen? And thats what hes trying to sort out?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmox

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
According to a very respectable Russian journalist covering NHL, Panarin is training in one of the Rangers practice arenas and he’s ready to play, but it’s Rangers that don’t activate him.

He says there seems to be a big disagreement between NYR and Panarin that’s NOT related to the Nazarov interview. He says he’s waiting for an official statement but this is not looking good.

Лысенков о Панарине: «Артемий ездит на занятия «Рейнджерс». Настроение обыкновенное. Депрессии не замечено»

Reactions: Cmox and NewLife

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
According to a very respectable Russian journalist covering NHL, Panarin is training in one of the Rangers practice arenas and he’s ready to play, but it’s Rangers that don’t activate him.

He says there seems to be a big disagreement between NYR and Panarin that’s NOT related to the Nazarov interview. He says he’s waiting for an official statement but this is not looking good.

Лысенков о Панарине: «Артемий ездит на занятия «Рейнджерс». Настроение обыкновенное. Депрессии не замечено»

that would be really bad if true.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

I can speculate on what that might be: Rangers don't want Panarin voicing anymore political opinions.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Seriously what in the f*** is going on.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014

no way this is legitimate.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
no way this is legitimate.
Well, the guy is one of the biggest NHL journalists in Russia with personal contacts to all the Russian NHL players. I don’t think he’d make up such stories for hype.

However, based on the way he presented it, it seems to be more of his personal conclusion based on some information rather than an actual fact he learned

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Is this related to DeAngelo situation and a new internal club policy ?

That I don't know, but if thats the case: I'm on Panarin's side.

Whatever opinions he has when not on the clock is his business.

Personally I'm getting sick of any corporate entity trying to limit others freedom of expression.

As long as he is not directly representing the organization, he is free to say what he wants imo. Whether ill advised or not...

Reactions: tbassler

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Yikes if true.
Just what the Rangers need, piss off your superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad