Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce Newman

Jan 4, 2021
Can we get Panarin back on the ice please? Everyone knows by now he didn't hit anyone and this is all b.s.

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
A very good insight article showed up in Latvian yellow pages.

Long story short - the russian blackmail campaign started few days after the Panarin posted the free Navalny post on instagram. At the start of February some random russian contacted jauns.lv and wanted to make acquaintance with some russian with already prepared story and coach nazarov phone number as a main witness.

jauns.lv didn't want to post any unchecked or fake news so they waited out. And since the story didn't pick up or gained any traction after few weeks the story appeared on greanvillepost.com and it was written by a kremlin russia today journalist and after that the article showed up in russian komsomolskaja pravda and writer was under pseudonym Sergei Petrov which has been used in similar fake news under whom none wants sign under. So this all looks like a plot to start this fake blackmail campaign from Latvia and when it didn't work out they tried elsewhere. This plot was made so russian sites and journalists can just make references so it can look legit because the story comes from abroad.

So, about the russian guy who wanted to make contacts with alleged russian journalist - Dmitrijs Prokopenko. Basically he's a russian agent who makes money by lobbying everything russian and is involved in russian political party and activities in Latvia. He was involved in donation collection for russian terrorists in Ukraine's Donbas and Donetsk war.

And so far nothing incriminating has come up in Latvia about this. Even his former teammate Anisin denies anything like that happened. Sure there was partying and drinking after the game in the hotel bar and some women where involved.

By the way there was a real good business in Riga where women made money on foreigners in bars. For example making them sht face drunk and the bartender writes a huge nonsense check and there's illegal strip clubs for tourists who has cash. I have my own story, my work colleague was visited by his old friend who works abroad in the last fall. So his friend was just spending hundreds and drinking liters of alcohol and one night when old town bar was closing some girl came by and invited them at literally underground strip joint. The cheapest drink was 12 Euros and just the lap dance was 50. The prices suggest that this joint is for tourists because those prices are not for local working lads but since the tourism is nonexistent they need some locals guys. And the taxi driver stole his wallet in way from Riga airport so guys just don't get drunk when you're on your vacation abroad.

Latvijas presi cenšas iepīt Putina oponenta nogremdēšanā - jeb kas un kāpēc apmelo Znaroka znotu Panarinu

Man I liked the guy when I saw him playing in Vityaz all those years ago and I started to love him when he started to play in NHL. I hope he can arrange all of his things and gets back to playing hockey. Get well man!

And thank god those scum didn't find any journalist or site who doesn't have a self respect to publish anything like that in Latvia.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Sounds to me like, while the reported story is fake, someone or some entity is trying to make trouble for AP. He has made some enemies and the situation is serious enough to draw his attention and concern. Thus the leave of absence. I hope things straighten out soon. Sounds like an awful spot.

Reactions: romba

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Can we get Panarin back on the ice please? Everyone knows by now he didn't hit anyone and this is all b.s.

We all know it, yes. But I imagine he's taking time to ensure there's no additional damage to his name nor harm to his family.

How he's going about this is anyone's guess. But I'm certain the Rangers are closely monitoring the situation and are doing everything they can to protect their investment in Panarin.

Plus, I just get the sense that the organization cares for him - it's not just business. They want him back free of worry and distraction

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We all know it, yes. But I imagine he's taking time to ensure there's no additional damage to his name nor harm to his family.

How he's going about this is anyone's guess. But I'm certain the Rangers are closely monitoring the situation and are doing everything they can to protect their investment in Panarin.

Plus, I just get the sense that the organization cares for him - it's not just business. They want him back free of worry and distraction
What' s to stop it from happening all over again in the playoffs if we make them ???? He may as well forget about his name now....once tarred very rare is it ever forgotten as EVERYBODY mentions the bad stuff from that point on . How big is his family....and once they end up over here he likely will have even more problems just closer to home then as they will need employment and help for sure and MONEY !!! Does he bring over siblings only ? Cousins ? Aunts and Uncles....Her side of the family ? I dunno....but it could be never ending .

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
What' s to stop it from happening all over again in the playoffs if we make them ???? He may as well forget about his name now....once tarred very rare is it ever forgotten as EVERYBODY mentions the bad stuff from that point on . How big is his family....and once they end up over here he likely will have even more problems just closer to home then as they will need employment and help for sure and MONEY !!! Does he bring over siblings only ? Cousins ? Aunts and Uncles....Her side of the family ? I dunno....but it could be never ending .
The longer he isn't skating, the more nonsense gonna get tossed around.

Reactions: leetch99

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I am definitely sympathetic to whatever it is that he's dealing with. The frustration, I guess, is that what we know about it, it seems like it's largely a situation that could be resolved while he's playing, since it doesn't appear the initial allegations have much substance to them. If the extent of what happened is limited to what's been reported, it's frustrating that he can't play through it. That leads me to believe there's more going on; but then, at the same time, I don't like making assumptions. The whole thing is just bizarre, at this point.

I don't think feelings of sympathy for Panarin and feelings of frustration that he can't play are incompatible.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
What are you going to do? Fairly unprecedented. If you are feeling frustrated, imagine what he is feeling.

Agree. Just wondering why he has to sit out? What's the reasoning behind it?

What can he get accomplished by not playing (but still practice/skate)?

You would think playing would help take his mind off things. Obviously I have no idea whats going on, so I cannot judge.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I didn’t really have an issue with the silence, because we were told he asked for two weeks.

However, it has now been two weeks. If he’s still not coming back it would be good to know why.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Agree. Just wondering why he has to sit out? What's the reasoning behind it?

What can he get accomplished by not playing (but still practice/skate)?

You would think playing would help take his mind off things. Obviously I have no idea whats going on, so I cannot judge.
This is just speculation, but am guessing that it is the opposite as he clearly has a lot on his mind. Plus he may be working to get his family out.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I didn’t really have an issue with the silence, because we were told he asked for two weeks.

However, it has now been two weeks. If he’s still not coming back it would be good to know why.
The two weeks thing was an unsubstantiated claim made by Boomer Esiason (who hasn’t had sources in the org since Brad Richards got sent to CBO island), wasn’t it?

Reactions: IDvsEGO

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The two weeks thing was an unsubstantiated claim made by Boomer Esiason (who hasn’t had sources in the org since Brad Richards got sent to CBO island), wasn’t it?

awesome

didn't know that. This could go on for a while. Really?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Ah, possibly. Didn’t realize that.
Just because I was curious:

Q: How long of a leave of absence will Panarin require?
A: There is no timeline attached to Panarin’s leave. A well-placed source refuted a report that No. 10 had asked for — and had been granted — two weeks. The Rangers are hopeful Panarin will return sooner rather than later but are not going to apply pressure on him. The winger is remaining at his home in Connecticut during this hiatus.
https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/key-questions-regarding-rangers-artemi-panarin-situation/

There was a rumor posted a page or so ago, I believe, that said he returned to Russia to prep a libel lawsuit against Nazarov, but who knows how accurate that is :dunno:

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
...so no one is going to mention his move last night to the Non-NHL roster by the Rangers?

Retirement?
Going to make a wild ass guess and assume that’s entirely cap related. If we don’t have 11m on our cap, that can accrue extra space really quickly for the deadline to take a bad but expiring contract without hurting.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Going to make a wild ass guess and assume that’s entirely cap related. If we don’t have 11m on our cap, that can accrue extra space really quickly for the deadline to take a bad but expiring contract without hurting.
Brooks article from a couple of posts above say that his salary remains on the cap and he continues to be paid. It's just to open a roster spot.

For Kravtsov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad