P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Realistically, what could Subban net us? If Subban + something small could net us an Eberle, I'm 110% in.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm just hoping Bergevin isn't holding out on Subban because of "character issues". That'd just be repeating Gainey/Gauthier's mistakes, except minus the experience.

My gut feeling is that he talked to Gionta, Gorges to get a feel of how PK is in the dressing room and now he doesn't want to commit long term to him. I also agree that it's a mistake.

It's too early to judge definitely but I've not been terribly impressed with Bergevin so far.

I thought he got the worst of all worlds in the Price deal. I don't think Price had proven he deserved to be 0.5M away from best paid goalie in the league. Especially on a long term deal. If you sign a long term deal the team should get some sort of discount. The team provides security, the players concedes a little. If we truly believe Price is elite and will only be more consistent with age, then should have added 1-2 years to that deal and gotten a discount like most long term deals.

Prust was a guy that will be useful to the habs but 2.5M for 4 years ? Ridiculous. Dime a dozen really. No need to overpay for guys like that IMO. I didn't mind because the cap kept going up and was already at 70M but with the cap going down, I feel this is the kind of move that add up to problems in the long run.

Bouillon is on the downswing of his career and we already had Diaz, Weber, Emelin... all of whom I would have wanted to give another chance to but I can't see how we will have room for them with Subban signed. At least try to up their value before a trade. I can only assume they signed Bouillon to give him a spot in the top 6 and not have him be the 7th guy. I don't think that's smart.

I was worried when Bergevin snapped at a journalist during the press conference about him not being aware of the possibility of trading cap space in the next CBA. This is worrying to me that the GM of the habs isn't aware of the things going on behind the scene.

And now this silliness with Subban.

But I love the Pacioretty extension. That's a great deal for us, we signed him on the cheap IMO. Was quite the steal.

I also loved the J.J. Daigneault hire.

Not the biggest fan of Therrien but truth be told he was probably the best candidate. Bergevin had no options here.

I will withhold judgement for now but so far I'm with you. Not terribly impressed.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Realistically, what could Subban net us? If Subban + something small could net us an Eberle, I'm 110% in.

I guess it depends on who you ask.. Not that fans opinions mean much in such things but I've seen many Oiler fans say they wouldn't trade any of their "big" four for Subban. However me being a Habs fan I wouldn't settle for anything but one of the "big" 4 Oiler fans wouldn't part with.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I guess it depends on who you ask.. Not that fans opinions mean much in such things but I've seen many Oiler fans say they wouldn't trade any of their "big" four for Subban. However me being a Habs fan I wouldn't settle for anything but one of the "big" 4 Oiler fans wouldn't part with.
Oiler fans are in love with them - and rightfully so. But I have a feeling for a guy like Subban, they consider. We could also toss in Weber (whom Kreuger has coached previously).

Weber + Subban for Eberle. I wonder if Edmonton would bite.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Subban is an RFA. He's bound to the Habs until he becomes eligible for free agency. Maybe he doesn't want to sign for 8 years and miss out on the expected bonanza when he's eligible to become an UFA in a couple of years. Bergevin isn't blind to Subban's (and Meehan's) intentions. No one has tended an offer sheet but I wouldn't be surprised if some GMs have privately proposed trades to Bergevin.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Oiler fans are in love with them - and rightfully so. But I have a feeling for a guy like Subban, they consider. We could also toss in Weber (whom Kreuger has coached previously).

Weber + Subban for Eberle. I wonder if Edmonton would bite.

Eberle
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller

Trading a stud young dmen for a center is a bad move for the habs. We don't need more centers, we actually need to trade centers.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Subban is an RFA. He's bound to the Habs until he becomes eligible for free agency. Maybe he doesn't want to sign for 8 years and miss out on the expected bonanza when he's eligible to become an UFA in a couple of years. Bergevin isn't blind to Subban's (and Meehan's) intentions. No one has tended an offer sheet but I wouldn't be surprised if some GMs have privately proposed trades to Bergevin.

Are offer sheets public? In the past, I only remember them being publicized
when a player accepts one.
If so, he may have received offers that we haven't heard of.

Last edited:

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Eberle
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller

Trading a stud young dmen for a center is a bad move for the habs. We don't need more centers, we actually need to trade centers.

If the Habs trade Subban for Eberle, they could continue and trade Plekanec for a dmen like Yandle.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Eberle
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller

Eberle plays wing in Edmonton.

If Subban doesn't sign soon, I wouldn't mind trading him. If both sides aren't going to budge why not put him to use(in fetching us assets)

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Can't trade a guy who has not signed a contract yet. And there's no chance we could get Eberle if we did.

Pretty sure that's false and that we can trade the rights to Subban. Unless it's a new thing in the CBA. In which case nevermind me.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If the Habs trade Subban for Eberle, they could continue and trade Plekanec for a dmen like Yandle.

Sure, but that seems like a huge hassle. And would Phoenix even want to deal Yandle for Plekanec... This seems like a bird in hand, two in bush situation.

Eberle plays wing in Edmonton.

If Subban doesn't sign soon, I wouldn't mind trading him. If both sides aren't going to budge why not put him to use(in fetching us assets)

I stand corrected.

Also, for the record, I don't mind if Subban is traded for equal or better value. This would be more sensible than this holding out crap.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
It's too early to judge definitely but It's too early to judge definitely but I've not been terribly impressed with Bergevin so far.
[/QUOTE]

I've not been terribly impressed by Subban so far. Subban is proving right now that he plays for the money and not the team. If Subban asked for a reasonnable contract ( less than 5 millions per year) everything would be over ans Subban will have been playing tonight.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I've not been terribly impressed by Subban so far. Subban is proving right now that he plays for the money and not the team. If Subban asked for a reasonnable contract ( less than 5 millions per year) everything would be over ans Subban will have been playing tonight.

Well you have no clue what the amounts are that both sides would want. The only thing we know is that Subban wants a long term deal while Bergevin wants a bridge contract. It's the only thing we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad