GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
-Trouba trade will become official
-Stamkos or Kane signed for 3 years
-Ghost and Perron resigned
-then I see a 4th line depth signing (this could just be a Fischer extension)

Reactions: evolutionbaby
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
He already resigned with Van.

Don't see how we can sign all four of them.
it will be tight for sure, Yzerman needs to shed salary...(I'm expecting Holl to be part of the Trouba trade). Maybe Fabbri is traded or bought out?

-Kane or Stammer 3 years, 6 mil
-Ghost 4 years, 5 mil
-Perron, 2x2
-depth forward (Fischer) 2x1.5

It also wouldnt shock me to see Raymond or Seider sign bridge deals in order to save on the Cap..I dont think they will get bridge deals, but its a possibility

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If we basically resign Kane sign Stamkos trade for Trouba , Husso is back healthy and only lose Copp and Holl I'd say thats a better team from last year and we clearly make the playoffs

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
If we basically resign Kane sign Stamkos trade for Trouba , Husso is back healthy and only lose Copp and Holl I'd say thats a better team from last year and we clearly make the playoffs
Before we get carried away I wish we knew the the money and term for Raymond and Seider. Stevie must have a pretty good idea what it will take to sign those two guys. The only way we can afford both Kane and Stamkos would be to move a contract like Copp's I cannot see it happening.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Before we get carried away I wish we knew the the money and term for Raymond and Seider. Stevie must have a pretty good idea what it will take to sign those two guys. The only way we can afford both Kane and Stamkos would be to move a contract like Copp's I cannot see it happening.
Would likely have to move Holl out too just to have 'some' wiggle room with the cap.

EDIT - and for RFAs like Veleno - he gets league minimum or he can walk.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Detroit has 32 million dollars in cap space and 12 players signed, Detroit will likely want to have 22 players to start the season.

First they need to re-sign Raymond and Seider:
Seider: 8x8.5
Ray: 5x7.5

That is 16 million off the books with 8 players still needed.

Rumors are Yzerman really wants to keep Ghost.
Ghost: 2x5

Down to 11 million and 7 players.

Lets assume that Kane stays and gives us a good deal:

Kane: 2x4

That leaves 6 spots to fill and 7 million dollars.

Lets say they get rid of Holl some how: That means 7 spots and 10.4 million left.

Assume that Veleno will stay:

Veleno: 4x2

So they're at 6 roster spots and 8.4 million left.

If you buy out Fabbri that will get you to 7 roster spots and 11 million dollars. And this is the problem. Detroit doesn't have a ton of cap flexibility, especially if they don't want to f*** around with Ray and Mo. Trouba at 5.5 million (2.5 retained by NYR) puts them in a lurch.

trade Holl
buy-out Fabbri
bridge Raymond or Seider

That frees up 6 million dollars. Yzerman seems hell bent on keeping Ghost which would eat 70% of that money. If they keep Kane too, that money is gone plus 3-4 million more.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
They are RFA's so it's not like they can force contracts at worse its bridge time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad